Turn on thread page Beta

So the thing is, since ive been back from university for the summer, I've been meeting it up with one of my old male friends. It all started with him kissing me one night when drunk and we started texting ever since then, since i've been back we've been going to the cinema, pub, town, normal kinda things really. We get along and everything sometimes even holding hands when we are out etc which is really nice :o:
    so he invites me over to his house one night last week... he came to pick me up, we just watched a film and ended up kissing and touching (through clothes lol) then that was it... there was no sex or anything else.
    what i want to know is.....
    what do i do now? advice please!!! i really want things to work out between us... but i dont know how to play it.... :o: does he even want a relationship? or does it just sound like he enjoys my company and stuff??
    sorry im pretty useless! il appreciate and feedback!

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like he just does it when he is drunk - is that the case?

If so, tell him to stop it unless he means it.

ReputationRep:
    yeah sounds like your ok but i wouldnt get in a relationship as youve obviosuly gotta go back to university next month

ReputationRep:
    He obv likes you and would like a quick shag. Sorry to put it so bluntly :s. I don't think he wants a relationship, but it's the summer, so why not have some fun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So the thing is, since ive been back from university for the summer, I've been meeting it up with one of my old male friends. It all started with him kissing me one night when drunk and we started texting ever since then, since i've been back we've been going to the cinema, pub, town, normal kinda things really. We get along and everything sometimes even holding hands when we are out etc which is really nice :o:
    so he invites me over to his house one night last week... he came to pick me up, we just watched a film and ended up kissing and touching (through clothes lol) then that was it... there was no sex or anything else.
    what i want to know is.....
    what do i do now? advice please!!! i really want things to work out between us... but i dont know how to play it.... :o: does he even want a relationship? or does it just sound like he enjoys my company and stuff??
    sorry im pretty useless! il appreciate and feedback!
    well give it a little time maybe organise a drink or something in a few days - a week and see where things lead from there and if the same reaction occurs just ask him if he wants to take it any further or is it a bit of harmless fondling (pick your words) because you need to know where you stand and maybe he is a little timid and needs some encouragement

ReputationRep:
    just be brave and ask him, it will help. . .

a simple do you want to have a relationship and how do you want to pace it?

then agree on something

ReputationRep:
    Why are people so stupid?

How are we supposed to know? Ask him!

ReputationRep:
    Go on a date and have sex after it, fun for all involved amirite?

ReputationRep:
    ask him out!

ReputationRep:
    I lostmy V on the sofa, good times =D

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 9, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.