Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering what anyone with experience of these two texts (Text and Materials books by craig and by Weatherill) think. The reading list for next year gives us a choice between these two texts. I'm the type of student who will read the chapter/textbook cover to cover. I like books that give a good CRITIQUE of the law. For instance, without a shadow of a doubt, Andrew Ashworth and Glanville Williams got me the mark I got last year for criminal law. So which author would you reccomend for me? I know it's horses for courses, but would appreciate any ideas/experience.

I have obviously come across Craig before in Public Law and recall that he seemed to regard prolixity as a virtue!

Many thanks for your help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iammorgan)
    I'm the type of student who will read the chapter/textbook cover to cover. I like books that give a good CRITIQUE of the law.
    You will approve of Craig and De Burca's book.

ReputationRep:
    Both are fantastic. If you are serious about studying EU law, you should use them both. But if you were to choose between them, go with Craig.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks very much for the advice, Paul Craig it is then! I will take the other out of the library and if I like it that much, might get it too!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.