The Student Room Group
Reply 2
oops forgot to put any explanation down...... thats the link to the specimen materials page. ocr dont actually publish their past papers but your school/cellege should have a stack of them. also if you have the heinemann revision guide (specific to the salters syllabus) that has past paper questions in it as well
Heys, are you taking the module for the first time? Or doing a retake?

I'm in year 13, redoing the natural resources paper this year with both A2 papers as well. Am I mad? Yes, totally lol. I got a high B for the paper already, but I really want an A overall, so if i can improve on this paper i can get.. well, less marks on the big synoptic final paper! (Chemistry by Design)

The only specimen papers I have are from my teacher- does yours have any spare? Try and arrange a meeting early next week if you're worried about the paper, just to go over a few last things :smile:

If you want to know what kinda questions came up last summer, I'll be happy to tell you (although I haven't got a scanner sadly, so can't scan them in!). I'll also hopefully have a copy of januarys one, so we can work out what WON'T be in this summers exam :p:

If i find any online ill post them, but either way, the very best of luck!!!
corkskrew
also if you have the heinemann revision guide (specific to the salters syllabus) that has past paper questions in it as well

Just want to second that good point from corkscrew, the revision guides are very good for both AS and A2, and have real past paper exam questions in the back.
Reply 5
I'm doing the other retake next week - chemistry of life is it?? i had a meltdown on the teacher front last year and came out with a C (get in), but did natural resources and that A2 module in jan and came out with 2 As.... I'vew switched teachers this year.
When I get home this evening I'll see if I can scan a few papers in or something and stick them in a zip folder for emailing......cos I'm feeling nice today
corkskrew
I'm doing the other retake next week - chemistry of life is it?? i had a meltdown on the teacher front last year and came out with a C (get in), but did natural resources and that A2 module in jan and came out with 2 As.... I'vew switched teachers this year.
When I get home this evening I'll see if I can scan a few papers in or something and stick them in a zip folder for emailing......cos I'm feeling nice today

Cool scores dude, I only got a low B for the A2 in january... with the coursework counted, I'm in the A grade boundary by like... 2 marks lol. If i don't improve on either exams (natural resources or the january A2 one), i have to get about 95/120 for the final to secure an A. Possible, yeah, but leaving a little up to chance! The best of luck in your retake and other exams!

And I'd be interested in them papers... yay for feeling nice :biggrin:

Have a good evening, I'm off to revise mass equations again, I ALWAYS forget how to do it in the exam room and lose about 20 marks each time! grr!

Latest