Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Thought I'd make a thread for LSE applicants with an offer and are waiting for A Level results on August 20th.

Post your offer, thoughts and results when available.

Apparently we can actually find out whether we got into LSE a few hours before opening our results.

ReputationRep:
    hmmmm my offer is AAB and i can fail 96 of my A levels and still meet the offer but i don't know....i don't think i've made it

i really really hope they don't cut down too many trees to print my results on

ReputationRep:
    My offer is AAAe for economics, I'm terrified of results day aaaargh if I miss my offer I'll really hate myself...

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I will get in.

The week before results was horrible. What made it worse is that the Edexcel mark schemes leaked onto the Internet and I spent an OCD amount of time calculating my UMS :p:

BUT WHEN YOU FIND OUT YOU GOT IN, oh my goodness. Then begins a time of literally ZERO COMMITMENTS OR WORRIES. Pure bliss

Good luck guys, you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sports Racer)
    BUT WHEN YOU FIND OUT YOU GOT IN, oh my goodness. Then begins a time of literally ZERO COMMITMENTS OR WORRIES. Pure bliss

Good luck guys, you'll be fine.
    I could die happy. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Jolly good luck to you all (y)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kellybaby)
    My offer is AAAe for economics, I'm terrified of results day aaaargh if I miss my offer I'll really hate myself...
    Which subject are you most scared about?
    I think I missed an A in Economics...but if I do get an A it will be like 481UMS so I will have scraped it..

If I do get a B I will miss my insurance too.

ReputationRep:
    I need AAA, and I figure the worst I'll get is AAB, so hopefully it wont make much of a difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joy Division)
    Which subject are you most scared about?
    I think I missed an A in Economics...but if I do get an A it will be like 481UMS so I will have scraped it..

If I do get a B I will miss my insurance too.
    Ahh im really not sure... It could be any of them, economics, maths or history... I thought I didn't have to worry about economics cos I only needed a D in June to get an A overall so I didn't revise AT ALL, looking back I didn't know aaaanything for that exam so if i messed up on that I would feel like the biggest idiot EVER! I'm most worried about history though, you can never telll how those exams have gone

URGH why is the wait just so long, I just want to know NOWWW aargh

I feel the same though, if I have As I'll only just have scraped them probably, so good luck!!!

ReputationRep:
    Ahh im really not sure... It could be any of them, economics, maths or history... I thought I didn't have to worry about economics cos I only needed a D in June to get an A overall so I didn't revise AT ALL, looking back I didn't know aaaanything for that exam so if i messed up on that I would feel like the biggest idiot EVER! I'm most worried about history though, you can never telll how those exams have gone

I feel the same though, if I have As I'll only just have scraped them probably, so good luck!!!
    Oh yeah I don't do History but it looks really hard.

Good luck! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zweihander)
    I need AAA, and I figure the worst I'll get is AAB, so hopefully it wont make much of a difference.
    AAB = no more LSE for you :nope:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joy Division)
    AAB = no more LSE for you :nope:
    No, they said if you marginally miss your offer your app gets sent to the Admissions Tutor for review and there is still some chance of getting in, and my personal statement was awesome, so hopefully even if I do miss my offer things will still swing in my favour.

ReputationRep:

Looking at your previous academics, I'm sure you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:

I do history too and its giving me nightmares. Which board are you on?
    And Politics and English Lit... lets just say I'm not holding out much hope.

I know I need a C in June for economics so you're in a better position than me if its any consolation

The 20th seems so far away. Good luck to everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zweihander)
    No, they said if you marginally miss your offer your app gets sent to the Admissions Tutor for review and there is still some chance of getting in, and my personal statement was awesome, so hopefully even if I do miss my offer things will still swing in my favour.
    LSE are not very lenient, although it depends on your course, L101 Economics = no way in hell.

ReputationRep:
    Good Luck Everyone.

PANIC
    Keep calm...

... carry on.

:console:

ReputationRep:
    I am pretty sure i can get the grades that i need which is AAB for Bsc A&F but who knows accident might happen although i pray that this will not happen to me.

If i miss my lse offer, i would just carry on my education in my home country instead of overseas.

Hope everyone gets through so that we can meet in LSE.

ReputationRep:
    I need AAB and hoping for AAA, although in econ I needed C's to get the A, the exam went really badly as the topics that I weren't so strong on came up ! But Maths was fine, and I think Psychology was too! 10 days eh guys? :|

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.