Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Done

ReputationRep:
    Done.

ReputationRep:
    Done, done and done

ReputationRep:
    your request has been fulfilled young one.

ReputationRep:
    Have also done (:
    What's your hypothesis?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Non-anon)
    Have also done (:
    What's your hypothesis?
    I'm guessing: "There is a positive correlation between age of student and grade achieved in (Maths and English) GCSEs."
    And I would expect the correlation coefficient to be slightly positive but statistically insignificant.

ReputationRep:
    Done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    I'm guessing: "There is a positive correlation between age of student and grade achieved in (Maths and English) GCSEs."
    And I would expect the correlation coefficient to be slightly positive but statistically insignificant.
    Interestin', that...

ReputationRep:
    there. use my information wisely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    Monthly age difference, right? As she only asked for month of birth...

Would be interesting to see if people born in August that start the school year a few months later than somebody born in February, does better or worse based on starting school up to 11 months sooner than somebody born early in the school year.

Hmm, i wonder if there IS a correlation between birth month and intelligence / hard workingness :rofl2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moneyballs2)

Would be interesting to see if people born in August that start the school year a few months later than somebody born in February, does better or worse based on starting school up to 11 months sooner than somebody born early in the school year.
    Presumably the assumption is that everyone takes GCSEs in the same school year, and hence is within a one year age range. Not quite true, but it'll be close.

ReputationRep:
    done.

ReputationRep:
    Done, but did you mean English Language or Literature? I always forget which one I got the higher grade in, but I just put the higher grade anyway. :ninja:

ReputationRep:

I'm August 31st- youngest of the young, it seems.
    Took Maths and English a year early too, got A*s for both.
    :dontknow:

It shouldn't make much difference, right?
    I mean, even if someone's born a bit later, everyone enrols in school at the same time, and everyone gets the same amount of education.

ReputationRep:
    :dontknow:

I mean, even if someone's born a bit later, everyone enrols in school at the same time, and everyone gets the same amount of education.
    Yeah, I don't think there would be any difference. And if there is it'll probably be so small that it wouldn't matter. Would be interesting if there actually was though...

I myself was born in late August too

ReputationRep:

Oh yeah! I also took Maths a year early. The survey doesn't cater for that! :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    Done

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I don't think there would be any difference. And if there is it'll probably be so small that it wouldn't matter. Would be interesting if there actually was though...

I myself was born in late August too
    On The One Show (that reputable source of information), they said August babies generally turned out to be dumber, and shorter than their peers.
    I mean, they weren't so blunt, obviously, that's just the jist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    Oh yeah! I also took Maths a year early. The survey doesn't cater for that! :hmmm:
    Maths buddies! :awesome:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.