Turn on thread page Beta

Feelings for best friend watch

yeh thats pretty obvious now ! what do i say to her then ?!

ReputationRep:
    Does it not worry you that she would do that behind her boyfriend's back? It doesn't matter if you didn't "actually" make out - in my mind that is emotionally cheating and you were still pretty physical. What's to say she won't just do the same to you?!

ReputationRep:
    She wants you physically, that much is obvious.

(Original post by emerley)
    Does it not worry you that she would do that behind her boyfriend's back? It doesn't matter if you didn't "actually" make out - in my mind that is emotionally cheating and you were still pretty physical. What's to say she won't just do the same to you?!
    yeh i think she cheated on him, which is why i also think she needs to say something to him about it and/or finish it with him. The fact that i've known her for a lot longer than him, and i'm guessing she's had this "feelings" for me for a while. what do i say to her then

(Original post by Anonymous)
    anon or delete
    basically i've been friends with this girl for almost a year now, we're really close and i feel i can trust her with anything and vice-versa.
    She's currently dating someone else (who she admits she isn't physically attracted to and is only with him because of his personality) her last few boyfriends treated her like s**t which is why she's with him ^. The other week i told her my feelings towards her and that i really liked her etc. I got texts from her saying " i love x but i really enjoy spending time with you" and "you never know when im single" she stayed around my house the other night and we were cuddling in bed and kissing each other on the cheek/neck etc. She then basically kissed all over my chest and face, and said that she was proud of me for not doing anything back, and how cute i was and i'd make a great boyfriend, she then insisted i gave her a back massage with her top off ?!
    someone explain all this im so confused, surely this is more than best friends right?
    Yeah, it's more, just don't push it or you'll ruin your chances of getting anywhere or staying there once you've got there. Be careful, and be respectful.

ReputationRep:
    keep going for it, im pretty sure your get your chance

ReputationRep:
    Meh, go for it. Seriously. Just keep getting physical and don't question where its going. You'll get your chance!

ReputationRep:
    yeh thats pretty obvious now ! what do i say to her then ?!
    *thiswillnotendwell.gif*

Let's face it, you could have already had sex with her, but she's just gonna **** you over later down the line when she meets a better man.

Since you're not man enough to take what she's offering, it's either get the sex and mentally/emotionally prepare for the fallout; or make sure she isn't feeling you up and you're laying there like a lemon thinking "this isn't right, maybe we shouldn't be doing this".

cool, i'll ring her later and let you know how it goes

ReputationRep:
    she's my best friend
    i hate seeing this

There is no such thing as a guy and a girl being 'best friends' without their being any sort of attraction from boy to girl or girl to boy in the first place...it just doesn't happen. It cannot happen.

Anyone who disputes this is sadly very naive!

(Original post by sean kefw)
    i hate seeing this

There is no such thing as a guy and a girl being 'best friends' without their being any sort of attraction from boy to girl or girl to boy in the first place...it just doesn't happen. It cannot happen.

Anyone who disputes this is sadly very naive!
    I know what you're saying, i think it can happen though, if your friends with someone your not physically attracted to,or they're with your best mate etc

sigh, yeh so apparently, she doesn't know if anything will happen, she really cares about her boyfriend atm, she was only joking the other night, she doesn't expect attention from me, but she enjoys.
    thanks to those who tried to warn me

sigh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emerley)
    Once a cheat always a cheat
    Yeah OP you better keep that in mind too.
    If I was in your shoes and I ended up with her id be ******** bricks that she was going behind my back too
    but, ...people can,.. change .. occasionally.....

ReputationRep:
    I'd step away until she's single. She's messing with your head and your heart and it's not fair on you. My boyfriend and I flirted a lot and knew we liked each other while he was still in a (dying) relationship, but nothing ever happened until after they were over, and I'm proud of it. I was never sure he'd actually end it but I knew we had something special. The day after they talked and got it over with, we went on our first date and lived happily ever after. :blah:

If you too have something special, it'll work out.

ReputationRep:
    I'd kill you for trying it with my gf

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 11, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.