Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

the right curcumstances can turn anyone into a monster? Watch

ReputationRep:
    do you agree with this?

ReputationRep:
    yeh, i do actually. clever

ReputationRep:
    Depends what you mean by a monster? I assume you mean loss of temper, sort of a hulk kind of transformation? If so then yes, I believe it.

My example of me turning into a monster would be last week after an exam. My friend had told me that a girl was planning on giving my name over to falsely accuse me of cheating that she had done herself if lecturer's asked who had copied down questions at the revision thing for our resit. The fact that there was no actual cheating involved by ANYONE didnt seem to factor into her little bit of *****iness. So I waited for her after the exam, tried to speak to her quietly, but lost my rag when she asked why I was being so "grumpy" about it. I mean shouting and screaming at her in public. So embarrassing. But she deserved it IMVHO.....

Apart from the accusations, there were other things she had said about me and I had had a load of caffeine to get me through the night before the exam and the night, and was stressed out about other things too. I think if enough little events spiral into a wee ball of rage it can explode any time and no-one is immune from the wrath haha.

ReputationRep:
    Yeap, and the calmer the person the more unexpected and aggressive the outburst.

ReputationRep:
    It depends. If you mean angry, stressed out and generally mean and horrible, then I'd agree. If you mean a real monster like a murderer or a rapist or whatever, then no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danielle89)
    Depends what you mean by a monster? I assume you mean loss of temper, sort of a hulk kind of transformation? If so then yes, I believe it.

My example of me turning into a monster would be last week after an exam. My friend had told me that a girl was planning on giving my name over to falsely accuse me of cheating that she had done herself if lecturer's asked who had copied down questions at the revision thing for our resit. The fact that there was no actual cheating involved by ANYONE didnt seem to factor into her little bit of *****iness. So I waited for her after the exam, tried to speak to her quietly, but lost my rag when she asked why I was being so "grumpy" about it. I mean shouting and screaming at her in public. So embarrassing. But she deserved it IMVHO.....

Apart from the accusations, there were other things she had said about me and I had had a load of caffeine to get me through the night before the exam and the night, and was stressed out about other things too. I think if enough little events spiral into a wee ball of rage it can explode any time and no-one is immune from the wrath haha.
    what 1 of the pritty girls in your pic becoming that I dont believe that lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danielle89)

OMG what a *****. I would've hit her.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I think it is our survival instinct. I have flipped before and beat some kid up a bit, not too much, but after a few hits I calmed as the "threat" was gone and walked off. Weird, 0-100 in 0.2 seconds. That's the only time I have ever flipped in my life, went into auto-pilot.

I totally agree with this statement.

ReputationRep:
    I had a different notion of monster-

torchwood season 3 episode 5- Jack and Stepehn....

ReputationRep:
    Lol at comments about my post - I wanted to hit her, specially since she'd been going on to my friend about how my other friend would soon be hitting on my new boyfriend, and that me and my boyfriend wouldnt last. She honestly doesnt know right from wrong. I hate her more than a little bit. But Im smaller than her and I wanted to try to be civil so shouting the bad "c-word" at her across the uni car park was as far as it went....

And I think it surprised everyone how badly I exploded, cos Im usually quite quiet and shy about things. Explosions like that dont happen very often (thank god)

ReputationRep:
    Of course.

ReputationRep:
    Yes especially when drink is involved. Can turn anyone into an anything! Gin makes you sin!

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Everyone has a breaking point.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I agree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by falls_whisper)
    Yes. Everyone has a breaking point.
    Did Gandhi ji?

ReputationRep:
    Definitely; I'd say I'm a pretty laid back, calm and not aggressive what so ever but if someone manages to piss me off or screw me over, then there's no limit on what I'd do to them, especially if I'm getting revenge.

I went to a Lilly Allen gig back in March and while I was trying to record her performance on my phone I was shuved into by a rather bulky guy, being pretty skinny myself I stood no chance but that didn't stop me from getting up and laying into him, knocking him to floor.

I've never turned that violent before, I suppose the amount of JD I drank didn't really help my rage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *MJ*)
    Did Gandhi ji?
    You should've seen him when someone took his pakora.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    yeah... read Zimbardo's lucifer effect. it explains how it happens in there.

ReputationRep:
    ^^ or if you havent got time to read a book, watch this

TED: Philip Zimbardo on the Psychology of Evil

its really interesting. (warning:graphic images)

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I think everyone has the ability to murder(or kill) but the thing that stops most people is that they don't want to waste their lives in prison and they know right from wrong.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 10, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.