Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does this girl fancy me? watch

Weird situation but I'll explain.

Basically, I think my best friend (girl) fancies me. I'm a gay guy though...

She'll send me loads of texts throughout the day asking me what I'm doing, who I'm with, who I'm going to be seeing, who I've talked to etc. Kind of like a controlling girlfriend would do. She always touches me all the time too. In places I wouldn't touch friends (we were out last night and she kept trying to put her hands down my trousers). She keeps saying she loves me (I presume like friends love each other?).

Forgetting the fact I'm not attracted to girls, I think of her like a sister and could NEVER go there.

Does it sound like she fancies me? Or perhaps sees me as a possession or something? Or am I reading to much into this?

ReputationRep:
    Have you made it 100% clear that you are, in fact, gay?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe she's just a bit affectionate and clingy. Does she know you're gay?

Well she is pretty ggod friends with my bf so I presume she knows!

ReputationRep:
    Craig?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen angel9)
    Maybe she's just a bit affectionate and clingy. Does she know you're gay?
    Yeah, affectionate and clingy doesn't really go hand in hand with slipping your hands in someone's pants :p:

Maybe she just feels more drawn to you than other guys because you're ''safe'' and when she's had a drink she gets a bit more bold and confident and forgets that. Maybe she thinks she can turn you?

(Original post by JamesyB)
    Craig?
    :confused:

Who is Craig?

ReputationRep:
    She's probably just being a BBFL or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    You call her your best friend and yet she does not know that you're gay?

ReputationRep:
    she probably doesnt "fancy" you...maybe she's just curious as to why you're gay and is trying to see if she's attractive enough or has the power to turn you straight.

(Original post by Psycho0101)
    You call her your best friend and yet she does not know that you're gay?
    When did I say that? She's good friends with my bf for God's sake so I presume she'll have more than an inkling!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    Yeah, affectionate and clingy doesn't really go hand in hand with slipping your hands in someone's pants :p:

Maybe she just feels more drawn to you than other guys because you're ''safe'' and when she's had a drink she gets a bit more bold and confident and forgets that. Maybe she thinks she can turn you?
    She may have been in a playful manner :p:

ReputationRep:
    nooo! its pretty normal for best mates to try to put their hands down ur pants lol

ReputationRep:
    No member of the opposite sex can find you attractive if you have an account on TSR.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    When did I say that? She's good friends with my bf for God's sake so I presume she'll have more than an inkling!
    I'll rephrase it. You call her your best friend and yet you haven't spoken about the fact that you're gay?

ReputationRep:
    I think sometimes girls think they can do whatever they want to their gay friends cus they think there is no risk of mixd messages. I've had gay guys touching me inappropriately for a laugh cus they somehow think its ok cus there is nothing sexual about it. But its still your body! Just tell her not to, its as simple as that. You wouldn't grope her boobs so why should she be allowed to do that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Irrelevance)
    No member of the opposite sex can find you attractive if you have an account on TSR.
    Most people keep it as a secret. :p:

(Original post by Irrelevance)
    There must be some irony here somewhere...

Found it. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonesnm07)
    nooo! its pretty normal for best mates to try to put their hands down ur pants lol
    lol init :confused: .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tony168)
    She's probably just being a BBFL or whatever.
    Don't be ridiculous. :no:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 10, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.