Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I've been toking up for about 2 years now. I smoke regularly with my girlfriend and slightly less regularly with my friends. I really enjoy smoking with my girlfriend, we like to smoke before eating or watching a movie or some other activity (that requires little brainpower on our part of course). We, or at least I, like to use weed to enhance our experiences...kind of, when we smoke we have long in-depth conversations about life and death and all that.
    My problem is that when I smoke with my friends it turns into a seedy, dirty thing. After about a year and a half of some really great, hilarious high times our sessions started to become almost routine, like smoking for the sake of it, or for something to do every night, rather than because we enjoy it, if you see what I mean. Also the actual high has become more of a downer. After smoking my friends frequently get paranoid and awkward, often resulting in terrorizing each other and the general atmosphere in the car or room turns hostile.
    It's really starting to get me down and I end up longing for September to come so I can go to Uni and get myself some new friends which is awful because I've got some wicked memories with these mates.

I dunno what I'm even asking, guess I want some outside opinions on it.

TL; DR My mates are smoking wrong!

(Not sure if this is in the right forum, sorry if not)

ReputationRep:
    Addicted. :no:

ReputationRep:
    Totally, but I seem to be the only one who can smoke "right"...

ReputationRep:
    It's clearly affecting your brains. Stop. :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    Addiction ... its a sign of weakness, are your freinds weak?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH123)
    It's clearly affecting your brains. Stop. :puppyeyes:
    But the thing is I don't want to stop! I really enjoy smoking on my own, taking a long walk and looking at scenery or cruising DeviantArt.
    It just makes things better. Horror films are more tense, sex is mindblowing, Xbox is more involving, food tastes better and my thoughts are clearer. I love Weed. I hate what Weed does to my friends.

(Original post by Codeine Addict)
    Addiction ... its a sign of weakness, are your freinds weak?
    I guess they must be...I never thought of them like that. Maybe I'm weak too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skyjay)
    But the thing is I don't want to stop! I really enjoy smoking on my own, taking a long walk and looking at scenery or cruising DeviantArt.
    It just makes things better. Horror films are more tense, sex is mindblowing, Xbox is more involving, food tastes better and my thoughts are clearer. I love Weed. I hate what Weed does to my friends.
    Stop smoking it with them, then. Simple. :borat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH123)
    Stop smoking it with them, then. Simple. :borat:
    Yeah I guess the answer is to smoke alone

I just hate the thought of it being my dirty secret.

ReputationRep:
    It's really all in their minds I know a few people like that. I smoke regularly with my mates and we have really fun highs all the time, but I do know some people who just sit there and go really quiet when they're high now. It's really all in their mind though and depends who they're with - you bounce off each other when you're like that.

I wouldn't say they're addicted though it's just their approach to smoking weed has changed - it's more "because we do" rather than "yeah lets get high and have fun".

Either way. Happy 4/20

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 20, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.