Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I made some tunes (DnB and Dubstep) Watch

ReputationRep:
    As the title says really. let us know what you think please!

They are all different styles as stated. Thanks for listening!!

A DnB track featuring my Girlfriend.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVpYrCQ7vww

A Dubstep track featuring my girlfriend.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUfbYfFtKhc

A fast Dubstep track with DnB influences.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJAu_-RX1II

A cross between Dubstep, Psytrance and Techno!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HKRTjwpxfc

ReputationRep:
    love all 4 mate, some really filthy stuff

ReputationRep:
    Nice

I like dench most. your girlfriend can sing. Such a shame though that it's totally lacking sub bass :/

Cool stuff! What DAW/hardware/VSTs do you use?

ReputationRep:
    Cheers for the comments!!

I'm using Ableton (as a normal sequencer) with Albino and Massive and the stuff that ableton comes with (like compressors, and delays)

The youtube vid doesn't really cut it. there is sub bass in there somewhere!!

ReputationRep:
    Niceeee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mibix)
    Cheers for the comments!!

I'm using Ableton (as a normal sequencer) with Albino and Massive and the stuff that ableton comes with (like compressors, and delays)

The youtube vid doesn't really cut it. there is sub bass in there somewhere!!
    You sure? I know youtube is poop quality but even so any other dubstep I listen to through there the bass comes through.

I really want to hear this tune with sub bass! I will try again tomorrow when I can crank it maybe.

ReputationRep:
    They are good. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reflexive)
    You sure? I know youtube is poop quality but even so any other dubstep I listen to through there the bass comes through.

I really want to hear this tune with sub bass! I will try again tomorrow when I can crank it maybe.
    Ok it may be the way I've mastered it to video. It probz needs a tweak of the ol' EQ. Thanx for being honest!!!

Niceeee man, good stuff mate

ReputationRep:
    Cheers guys!

ReputationRep:
    Really dirty drum and bass I like it! But yeah the youtube compression probably hasnt done it any favours.

ReputationRep:
    The first one is really good.

ReputationRep:
    thanks for your comments guys. its nice when people appreicate them! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mibix)

Listening to this one atm... Interesting. Going for a new sound! I've been waiting to hear dubstep mixed with psy for a while. Hope someone properly plays about with this sound.

Anyway, my verdict is that it definitely needs more done to the EQing. Music-wise it's very interesting! Love the change in percussions around 2:00 into it...! Would be very interested to hear more songs like this. I'm a massive fan of psytrance and I like the dubstep I've heard, and also the harder/acidic side of techno. More amalgamations like this one would be ftw! Oh and I also like how it sounds quite IDM-ish, if ya know what I mean. But that could just be a result of the mish-mash of genres.

Keep at it, man!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atomik)
    Listening to this one atm... Interesting. Going for a new sound! I've been waiting to hear dubstep mixed with psy for a while. Hope someone properly plays about with this sound.

Anyway, my verdict is that it definitely needs more done to the EQing. Music-wise it's very interesting! Love the change in percussions around 2:00 into it...! Would be very interested to hear more songs like this. I'm a massive fan of psytrance and I like the dubstep I've heard, and also the harder/acidic side of techno. More amalgamations like this one would be ftw! Oh and I also like how it sounds quite IDM-ish, if ya know what I mean. But that could just be a result of the mish-mash of genres.

Keep at it, man!
    Cheers!!!! fair play on the EQing, not got the best monitors in the world so not bothered with EQ quite as much. Glad you like it tho!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mibix)
    Mate keep up this cross-over vibe, there's already a lot of crusty hippies at dubstep nights, if they heard it combined with psy they'd probably instantly OD :p:

Only listened to this tune but sounds like it's clipping to ****. Either you need to turn stuff down, lay off the compression or do some serious EQing. Or it's just the youtube compression, can't really tell without hearing a WAV/320.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.