The Student Room Group

Temping Job..Help Please!!

Temping Job..Help Please!!

Hey people I got a job interview tomorrow as a general assistant in a hotel.. it's a temporary contract until the end of the summer but the thing is I am already working part time for Domino's Pizza however because Domino's is only evening work do you guys reckon doing the two jobs would be ok? And do you think I should mention my other job? Or just not say anything and just say I'm "unavailable" to work the times I'll be in Domino's...
Reply 1
Yes you should mention it to both employers.
As long as you're not doing more than a certain number of hours a week (I think it's 48? I'm no sure) then it's perfectly fine to have two jobs. I did and both employers were completely fine with it.. :smile:
Reply 3
It's best to mention it to both employers, but be careful and check your contracts. When I worked at WHSmith there was a clause that said that I had to ask for permission from a manager before I could get another job, and if the permission was denied or I didn't ask for permission (and they found out) and I still took the other job, I was liable to be fired. To be honest, though, I doubt there will be conflicts of interest if you're temping in a hotel and working part-time at Domino's, so they shouldn't have a problem with it (but do tell them).
Tell them, then they will know what hours you won't be available to work for them.
It shouldn't be a problem, a lot of people have more than one job.

Latest