Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ambielina)
    Aww, I kept mine. I really liked the poetry anthology I had for GCSE. :P
    Same
    English literature was actually the only gsce I enjoyed... I'm keeping my anthology and all my notes. :o:

ReputationRep:
    i'm disgraced by all the answers, first of all, the poems were super, homecoming, my last duchess, before you were mine, just to name a few, and secondly, for the extra co2 emmisions you lot have added, be ashamed.

ReputationRep:
    nah, ive still got mine under my bed. in case im gonna ever need it... well, i like to keep things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terry Acky)
    i'm disgraced by all the answers, first of all, the poems were super, homecoming, my last duchess, before you were mine, just to name a few, and secondly, for the extra co2 emmisions you lot have added, be ashamed.
    i didnt actually burn it, i dumped it in the recycling bin
    MY LAST DUCHES = :eek3:

Limbo + all the other culture ones = :love:

ReputationRep:
    Yep a long with a lot of other terrible set texts, that were given free and a lot of terrible reminderes of GCSE!

ReputationRep:
    I LOVED my last duchess!! Brilliant poem
    Could you honestly blame anyone for wanting to burn Carol Ann Duffys part though. Such weird twisted poems

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Consilio Et Animis)
    Could you honestly blame anyone for wanting to burn Carol Ann Duffys part though. Such weird twisted poems
    you know the one about the knife
    cant remember what its called
    (it was actually my favourite out of all her poems) it had a pic of a knife on the side,
    well it got banned from the syllabus becuase of knife crime

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hialiya)
    (it was actually my favourite out of all her poems) it had a pic of a knife on the side,
    Education for Leisure, I think it was called

ReputationRep:
    i didnt actually burn it, i dumped it in the recycling bin
    MY LAST DUCHES = :eek3:

Limbo + all the other culture ones = :love:
    good on you for recycling, heres a sticker

i think limbo was fair difficult on the sly, but i did love that scorpion one whatever it was called.

ReputationRep:
    Yep Education for Leisure.Quite crazy.
    Majority of hers are, I mean like who on Earth would want to know what goes on in Shakespeare's second best bed( Poem called Anne Hathaway). Err I was scarred for life after reading that lol.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i did love my last duchess but i'm afraid i love carol ann duffy so i'll have to disagree you on that bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The-Wi$e-One)
    i attached mine to a rocket on bonfire night...

well i was going to.
    I wish i had done this. hahaha

ReputationRep:
    good on you for recycling, heres a sticker

i think limbo was fair difficult on the sly, but i did love that scorpion one whatever it was called.
    Night of the scorpion? Yeah it was alright

ReputationRep:
    yeah i did love my last duchess but i'm afraid i love carol ann duffy so i'll have to disagree you on that bit.
    Hmm yeah maybe i exaggerated a teeny weeny bit. The mother and daughter one was good, some were.It's just the weird ones that stick lol. I mainly liked the pre 1914 poems, wrote ********* in the exam. Just praying for the A* now. When did you do your GCSE in it. You seem pretty good at poetry btw, I *think* I saw something of yours in the Cults thread

ReputationRep:
    Night of the scorpion? Yeah it was alright
    thats the one, i hated/hate all the poems in all honesty haha.

ReputationRep:
    Why would anyone do that?? :dontknow:

Books are your friends, treat them as such :cookie:

ReputationRep:
    Hmm yeah maybe i exaggerated a teeny weeny bit. The mother and daughter one was good, some were.It's just the weird ones that stick lol. I mainly liked the pre 1914 poems, wrote ********* in the exam. Just praying for the A* now. When did you do your GCSE in it. You seem pretty good at poetry btw, I *think* I saw something of yours in the Cults thread
    yeah i didnt really like the poems when i did it, but yeah i liked that mum and daughter one. i hated and was crap at english, i did it 2 years ago, but for some reason i managed 2 A's, so if your aiming for an A* you can defiantly get it. haha i dont think i'm good at poetry. oh those 2 poems last night, i just fetched that from my collection written when i was in my prime haha.

ReputationRep:
    I burnt one poem!

ReputationRep:
    My friend used his as litter tray linings :L! He said it was deeply satisfying seeing his cat crap on Nothings Changed and other poems for a few months. Bless him LMAO!

ReputationRep:
    The people who, even though they took GCSEs, are still stupid enough not to realise that burning books is just unacceptable!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.