Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I did!!!
    Mine was filled with multicoloured annotations, and it was all pretty much illegible, so I Burnt it with th rest of my books from the subjects I gave up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BibblyBobbly)
    I defaced all of Carol Ann Duffy's ***** she calls poetry. I hate that *****.
    :lovehug: How aptly put :-) That awful woman has put me off poetry for life, and probably destroyed my English Lit grade- how could anyone bear to revise from a book which has so much of her fecal matter in it?

Feel free to some useless rep at my expense.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh! My anthology! -goes to find it out-

Hahaaa my annotations. Nothing's Changed was the best poem. Oh, and Two scavengers in a truck, two beautiful people in a Mercedes.

I'm so glad that I don't do english any more!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rated R Superstar)
    Which one was it?

We had to go see the poems being read live, it was soooo sh*t. Apart from the Half-Caste guy, he was cool.
    the two scavengers one!!!
    Aww john agard :love: .. we didnt get to study his poem we did the other cluster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sockpirate)
    Ooh! My anthology! -goes to find it out-

Hahaaa my annotations. Nothing's Changed was the best poem. Oh, and Two scavengers in a truck, two beautiful people in a Mercedes.

I'm so glad that I don't do english any more!
    I used nothings changed in my exam hope i did okayyy

ReputationRep:
    what was homecoming even about? thank god it didnt come up in the exam cause i would have died

ReputationRep:
    nooooooooo! all you english haters. i did gcse a year ago, and i found my old anthology the other day. i loved it! carol duffy and armitage! fantastique i really like hitcher, salome, also liked two scavengers and blessing from the other cultures.. come on guys, gcses were fun!

infact lots of yop gcses kids will really miss it come septmebr with big scary AS...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hialiya)
    the two scavengers one!!!
    Aww john agard :love: .. we didnt get to study his poem we did the other cluster
    You think that's bad? We did BOTH lol

Which poem was it where a lady sleeps with a king, then cuts his head off? There was a line with 'sticky sheets'...our English teacher got carried away, saying it wasn't sticky with blood, but sticky with other bodily fluids lol....such was the level of our analysis

ReputationRep:

Which poem was it where a lady sleeps with a king, then cuts his head off? There was a line with 'sticky sheets'...our English teacher got carried away, saying it wasn't sticky with blood, but sticky with other bodily fluids lol....such was the level of our analysis
    LOL. salome? and err your teacher has obviously had experience lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hialiya)
    LOL. salome? and err your teacher has obviously had experience lol
    Lol she was a good laugh, she got crazily passionate about the poems.

She probably experienced it while actually reading the poems... :p:

ReputationRep:
    Lol she was a good laugh, she got crazily passionate about the poems.

She probably experienced it while actually reading the poems... :p:
    haha nice
    but anyways, goodbye english lit

ReputationRep:

My teacher did the same -shudders- It was Salome by Carol Ann Duffy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arson)
    :lovehug: How aptly put :-) That awful woman has put me off poetry for life, and probably destroyed my English Lit grade- how could anyone bear to revise from a book which has so much of her fecal matter in it?

Feel free to some useless rep at my expense.
    Damn good of you! I might even pay you back if I'm in a generous mood

It seems to be a running theme that everybody hates that woman, and I'm glad! Argh I'm wound up just talking about her :mad: The annotations bugged me too, I'm sure the poets don't think about all the stuff our English teacher told us to write. It's head-up-own-aresery on the Exam boards part.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh the urge to do it, the thing was a pain in the arse.
    But I'm keeping it in case my brother needs it. His school is ****, so he'll need all the help he can get.

Shame I didn't keep The Turn of the Screw, every single book of that in the world deserves it's own bonfire.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone do the Edexcel course? I actually really liked most of the poems i studied except for this one about horses and whatnot which was just plain weird...

ReputationRep:
    Not yet, I might need it when I fail :/

ReputationRep:
    My brother burnt his and torched our house, so I doubt I will be burning any anthologies in the future.

ReputationRep:
    I was planning to, but recycled it instead

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't bring myself to burn the anthology but i'd happily burn carol ann duffy.

ReputationRep:
    i didn't creamate it because: im in yr9 and i've seen dis book infront of me once at my aunt's. Well, when do we get our anthologies in yr10. september?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.