Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got knocked off my motorbike today! Am SO ****** off!

I was cut up on a roundabout by some silly mare who decided at the last min she needed to take that exit, she clipped the front of my bike which meant it ditched into the ground and sent me charging to the tarmac!

Luckly, I got away with a damaged bike, a swollen ankle and knee.

So why am I pissed off? The cow saw what she did and accelerated away without stopping, checked how I was or even giving me her insurance details!

She know's she did it because I saw her look at me as she reshaped my front wheel into a kinda egg shape.

Not sure what this thread is for, maybe just to vent my anger ...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!! :stomp: :rant: :stomp: :rant:

Has this happened to anyone else? Did you insurance kill you the next year?

ReputationRep:
    Did you not get her number plate?

ReputationRep:
    Did you get any details? Any other witnesses? Have you been to the Police? CCTV anywhere?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    she HAD to stop since she was involved in an accident, she has broken the law...technically.

ReputationRep:
    What a *****, go out in search for her!

ReputationRep:
    Well, if it counts for anything, you can have the full measure of my limited sympathy for motorcyclists. I say that (without assuming that you fall under this bracket) after seeing a good few mad bikers screaming down country roads at silly speeds and then demanding action when the laws of physics drag them back (and down).

So I'm counter-venting.

ReputationRep:
    Go to the exact same place at the exact same time wearing the exact same clothes with the same bike.

Then pounce on her.

ReputationRep:
    Happens all the time, mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick_000)
    Did you get any details? Any other witnesses? Have you been to the Police? CCTV anywhere?
    why is CCTV?

ReputationRep:
    I went flying off my bike the other day.

Bicycle, I mean.

A graceful somersault over the handlebars.

And the pedestrian observing the whole event some 4 feet away from me promptly ran back inside his house without a word, and stayed there.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't get her number plate nor did anyone else. As far as I can work out I was too busy eating the inside of my bike helmet and watching the tarmac, everyone else seemed to be watching me hitting the tarmac.

An ambulance and the police was called but the police just took a statement and said they there's probs not much they'd be able to do and that she was most likely not insured!! F*ing awsome!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhiteBoneDemon)
    why is CCTV?
    (I'm going to guess what you are asking) Presumably because CCTV on said roundabout would show the car in question and hence the police/insurers would be able to track said driver down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick_000)
    No traffic cameras but I'll have to go back tomorrow to see if there are any private ones in the shops ...

ReputationRep:
    take it easy,man!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bong-Bong)
    I went flying off my bike the other day.

Bicycle, I mean.

A graceful somersault over the handlebars.

And the pedestrian observing the whole event some 4 feet away from me promptly ran back inside his house without a word, and stayed there.
    That sucks ... At least I managed to muster some sympathy and got a little help. Can't belive someone saw it happen then walked away!

ReputationRep:
    I like the idea of doing a stake out and waiting for her to come back ...

ReputationRep:
    I'm not really understanding what happened, were you beside her on the roundabout and she cut across you or what?

Either way, welcome to the club, just be glad you weren't hurt worse than you were.

ReputationRep:
    Note to self: If ever I am knocked from my bicycle, make every effort to get the *******'s plate, even if it means injury.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Entangled)
    Well, if it counts for anything, you can have the full measure of my limited sympathy for motorcyclists. I say that (without assuming that you fall under this bracket) after seeing a good few mad bikers screaming down country roads at silly speeds and then demanding action when the laws of physics drag them back (and down).

So I'm counter-venting.

Fair enough you don't like motorcyclists, but many car drivers are completely ignorant of us - like in this situation, and end up causing so many accidents, far more then the crazy bikers on country roads do. just last week, a motorcyclist was killed on a main road near where I live because a car driver didn't look properly pulling out of the junction.

Basically, you can't limit your sympathy for OP when he was completely in the right in the situation.

If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

ReputationRep:
    drive a car? bikes are so last century...but really, bikes shouldnt be allowed on roads for actual vehicles x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.