Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revolution is my Name)
    Don't forget that Red Bull Cola stuff, which was :coma:, yet soon disappeared
    Has that really gone? I bought it in Asda no more than a month ago but I haven't looked for it recently. I never liked it that much to be honest. It had too much of a nasty aftertaste.

ReputationRep:
    Whatever happened to Tab Clear?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enzo-259)
    Has that really gone? I bought it in Asda no more than a month ago but I haven't looked for it recently. I never liked it that much to be honest. It had too much of a nasty aftertaste.
    I bought it a few times from supermarkets, but I haven't seen it in any of them for months, but maybe the ones around here are just resistant to such brilliant advances

ReputationRep:
    Hey is Fanta Grape still around?

ReputationRep:
    Don't forget that Red Bull Cola stuff, which was :coma:, yet soon disappeared
    TBH I keep on getting this regularly in London. Tescos sell it, and most of the other supermarkets as well. If we're talking about the same thing - Coca-Cola marketed by RedBull, right? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sephirona)
    Hey is Fanta Grape still around?
    Questions like these apparently warrant a Wikipedia page. However, the list doesn't even list it being ever available in Great Britain.

Have the catchiest jingle instead. The Grape flavor is singing.

(Pineapple's best)

ReputationRep:
    y'all not have Mirinda up in here - at least not in the general retail. Too bad, only some cornershops stock it, those that have bizarre imports (Fanta from Saudi Arabia, Dr. Pepper from The Netherlands, etc.). Inb4 someone asks it - it's PepsiCo's answer to Fanta. Quite popular in Central Europe, esp. Czech Republic/Slovakia, used to be pretty big in Poland as well.

But then, I've heard that Pepsi generally are pretty low on sales in the UK and have already been "Coca-Cola's poor cousin" for a fairly long time. Is that true? That might actually explain the lack of Mirinda here and some other drinks... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynamitri)
    TBH I keep on getting this regularly in London. Tescos sell it, and most of the other supermarkets as well. If we're talking about the same thing - Coca-Cola marketed by RedBull, right? :confused:
    I think we're talking abut the same thing; but, after buying it for a couple of months, I haven't seen it anywhere (apart from Italy last week, but that doesn't count) in aaaaaaaaaages. Maybe us gimps in the provinces just get a raw deal when it comes to innovative new beverages :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Godddddddd... it was absolutely repulsive!

ReputationRep:
    y'all not have Mirinda up in here - at least not in the general retail. Too bad, only some cornershops stock it, those that have bizarre imports (Fanta from Saudi Arabia, Dr. Pepper from The Netherlands, etc.). Inb4 someone asks it - it's PepsiCo's answer to Fanta. Quite popular in Central Europe, esp. Czech Republic/Slovakia, used to be pretty big in Poland as well.

But then, I've heard that Pepsi generally are pretty low on sales in the UK and have already been "Coca-Cola's poor cousin" for a fairly long time. Is that true? That might actually explain the lack of Mirinda here and some other drinks... :confused:
    Mirinda is European??

I thought it was Arab! :o:

And yeah, Pepsi is always Coke's crappy cousin. Everyone's second choice.

ReputationRep:
    I think we're talking abut the same thing
    That's how it looks like:

Wiki says it's available in the UK and doesn't mention it being ordered off the shelves, even though it supposedly containst extracts of coca leaves.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Bul...and_promotions

Try large Tescos or some slightly more expensive delis, they should stock 'em there. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, I remember vanilla coke! I used to like it too

ReputationRep:
    Oh yuck!! Do the real thing and plonk a scoop of vanilla ice cream into a glass of coke!! Mmmmm.

Also (but this was back when I was too young to put on weight) I used to squirt the top of the coke with whipped cream and stir, and it's deeeeeeelicious

Edit: Pulped Maltesers mixed with whipped cream is also delicious. There's not really any combination of fizzy, chocolate, and cream that won't taste nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Mirinda is European??

Wronggggggggggggggg
    Pepsi any day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queenofwands)
    Wronggggggggggggggg
    Pepsi any day!

:hand:

ReputationRep:
    Mirinda is European??
    Well, yeah - it's originated in Spain (Fanta is originally German), but I remember going to Czech Republic when I was a kid and seeing, like, 12 various kinds of Mirinda (I think they even had Mirinda-Tonic :eek3:), whereas us in Poland, we only had like 1! :eek:

Still, it's pretty weird - I've just read that it has been only introduced in the USA some time 2003 - and I perfectly remember getting those in the mid-1990s in Poland, back in the primary school! Seems that USA is not always one step ahead in front of everyone with the sodas :awesome:

Ha, probably because of all those Arab imports in London :p:
    TBH I don't think I've ever seen a non-Arab Mirinda here, they all seem to be imported from Middle East, for some strange reason. :confused:
    I've been drinking a lot of Pepsi in the past 3 months or so. Budgens around where I live have regular offers of 2L Pepsi/7Up for £1, whereas a 2L Coke or Sprite costs £1.80. The choice is obvious. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Well, yeah - it's originated in Spain (Fanta is originally German), but I remember going to Czech Republic when I was a kid and seeing, like, 12 various kinds of Mirinda (I think they even had Mirinda-Tonic :eek3:), whereas us in Poland, we only had like 1! :eek:

Still, it's pretty weird - I've just read that it has been only introduced in the USA some time 2003 - and I perfectly remember getting those in the mid-1990s in Poland, back in the primary school! Seems that USA is not always one step ahead in front of everyone with the sodas :awesome:

Ha, probably because of all those Arab imports in London :p:
    TBH I don't think I've ever seen a non-Arab Mirinda here, they all seem to be imported from Middle East, for some strange reason. :confused:

I've been drinking a lot of Pepsi in the past 3 months or so. Budgens around where I live have regular offers of 2L Pepsi/7Up for £1, whereas a 2L Coke or Sprite costs £1.80. The choice is obvious. :yep:
    No, I've never bought it here, but whenever I go to Israel it's everywhere, so I just assumed it came from the Mid East. I never really thought about it tbh.

You moving to QM in September?

ReputationRep:
    Cola and vanilla ice cream = Coke Floats =]
    I don't like them but y'know. It is drinkable.

I've not seen Tango for a while O_O -flees to wikipedia-

ReputationRep:
    You moving to QM in September?
    Hopefully, yeah. Still sorting out my loan, though, but the EU Team that I'm dealing with are just 3 to 4 weeks behind (as opposed to 10 weeks approx. of SE England), so I still have a chance to get my loan on time.

Waiting for the Accommodation Office to give me a place on campus, supposedly Mile End is completely booked! :eek: Hoping that some people will drop out next week, come the results day and cancellation of some offers :yep:

Other than that, I'm sorted out, as I have an unconditional offer and have my results already, yay! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    They still sell it in Hong Kong, truly is Heaven's Nectar.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.