Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'm a freek watch

Announcements

I'm a freak right.
    i'm 17 an i've never been in a relationship, kissed a male, held hands with a male, anything to a male really
    It's very upsetting now, i'm really shy and always was through school. i was bullied a lot and wondering if that's why the boys shied away from me, or maybe i'm just pure ugly, and tbh i actually think i'm not
    I just don't know, it feels like it's not meant to happen at all for me. especially being v quiet, who would want to know?
    It's just wrong anyway
    Maybe..oh i don't know, maybe i'm just looking for reasons now but it makes me worry that in 5yrs of high school i only made 1 friend and that was through a teacher in 1st year!! and now we aren't mates anymore :rolleyes:
    i just hope one day someone will love me ]: but they won't
    i'm depressed also.
    all i have done tonite is cry, about my situation
    i couldn't calm myself down i must be so unworthy.
    thanx for reading people [:
    xxxxxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    hi, it sounds as though you have low self-esteem and confidence issues hon. Would you consider looking into attending a course local to you, which would help you feel better about yourself? Or reading some self help books?

You sound so low and lonely, i am sending you a big comforting hug.x.

As for the bloke issues, there will be somebody out there for you, who you will meet when you are least expecting it. You certainly don't sound unworthy, you are just in a current negative state of mind and feeling rotten about everything, that does not make you an unworthy person.

take good care, i really do hope things pick up for you.xx

ReputationRep:
    lol, reading that was like reading about my life :P
    the only difference is, im not shy, im probably too in your face,
    i wouldnt let it get you down, im 18 in a month and still nothing
    like granny smith, i send hugs
    i hope things get better, you're still young, jst dont put yourself down that's the worst thing to do
    good luck
    xxxx

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm sure things aren't as bad as it seems...
    I work part time as a voluntary counsellor..

Just PM me if you wanna speak in privateee =]

Tcc

ReputationRep:
    That doesn't make you a freak at all.
    Remember, no one can love you until you love yourself. When you're happy and confident in yourself, people will see how great you are! If you project yourself as a freak, then that's what people will see you as.

ReputationRep:
    You're not a freak. You're young.
    One day you'll realise that the relationships you've had, or not had don't define you as a person, and it won't matter so much.
    People mature at different rates. I was insanely immature in the relationship sense when I was your age and I know right now, to you, it's the most important thing in the world, but believe me... there's more to life than boyfriends.

Do well at school, gain in confidence, gain some wisdom and maturity and you'll be fine. Stop worrying about it. You're not the only 17 year old out there who's never kissed a guy or had a boyfriend. You will get there, just give it time.

ReputationRep:
    it'll happen one day

ReputationRep:
    I'd never kissed or been with a girl until a month ago when suddenly it all took off . It happens when you don't expect and trust me, it does happen. I'm sure you'll make tonnes of mates throughout your life, especially uni.

Good Luck

ReputationRep:
    That could be one of the most self-pitying, pieces of **** I've read in a long time. Stop being a drama queen, you're only 17, you still have you whole life ahead of you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm a freak right.
    i'm 17 an i've never been in a relationship, kissed a male, held hands with a male, anything to a male really
    It's very upsetting now, i'm really shy and always was through school. i was bullied a lot and wondering if that's why the boys shied away from me, or maybe i'm just pure ugly, and tbh i actually think i'm not
    I just don't know, it feels like it's not meant to happen at all for me. especially being v quiet, who would want to know?
    It's just wrong anyway
    Maybe..oh i don't know, maybe i'm just looking for reasons now but it makes me worry that in 5yrs of high school i only made 1 friend and that was through a teacher in 1st year!! and now we aren't mates anymore :rolleyes:
    i'm depressed also.
    xxxxxxxxx
    don't worry your not a freak - i'm 18 and am in the exact same situation relationship-wise (only with girls) - i think the thing u have to do is not look for it and it'll happen for you - i've always thought that if your sweet and nice enough (which i have a feeling u are) then it'll all work out - and it'll be worth waiting for when it happens - hope i've been helpful

ReputationRep:
    to answer your question, yes, your overuse of smilies does make you a freak.

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    You're not a freak. You're young.
    One day you'll realise that the relationships you've had, or not had don't define you as a person, and it won't matter so much.
    People mature at different rates. I was insanely immature in the relationship sense when I was your age and I know right now, to you, it's the most important thing in the world, but believe me... there's more to life than boyfriends.

Do well at school, gain in confidence, gain some wisdom and maturity and you'll be fine. Stop worrying about it. You're not the only 17 year old out there who's never kissed a guy or had a boyfriend. You will get there, just give it time.
    This is like the best advice I have ever seen.

Answers the OP perfectly and there is nothing I can add.

Well done, you have covered everything.

ReputationRep:
    your not a freak, im 17, never had a gf, or even close to one, most of my school life i dident realy have any freinds, i do now and they are all pritty the same as me.
    so i hope your not a freak, as that would make me one too :shock:

ReputationRep:
    You silly freak! :awesome:
    Seriously get over yourself you sound like a primma donna! You are not a freak so stop feeling sorry for yourself. God forbid you get your hands on some rophynol!

ReputationRep:
    I'm a freak right.
    It's just wrong anyway
    i'm depressed also.
    xxxxxxxxx
    Awww, sweetie :hugs:

Is there someone you can talk to about this? Maybe even go to your GP as it sounds like you have really bad self esteem issues.

Of course someday someone will love you, not having had a relationship yet doesn't mean they won't. You aren't unworthy, just the opposite, you just haven't found the right person yet. And when it happens it will be all the better for having had to wait.

I really hope you can get some help and that things get better for you :console:

PM me if you want to chat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boristhethird)
    your not a freak, im 17, never had a gf, or even close to one, most of my school life i dident realy have any freinds, i do now and they are all pritty the same as me.
    so i hope your not a freak, as that would make me one too :shock:
    Maybe you and OP should get together :p:

JOKING, people

ReputationRep:
    GO HERE

:yy:

You're not a freak.

I'm a freak right.
    It's just wrong anyway
    Maybe..oh i don't know, maybe i'm just looking for reasons now but it makes me worry that in 5yrs of high school i only made 1 friend and that was through a teacher in 1st year!! and now we aren't mates anymore http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...s/rolleyes.gif
    i'm depressed also.
    xxxxxxxxx
    You're quite the same as me.

Don't worry about it, someone will love you one day, and it'll be worth it.

And I doubt you're ugly at all, you just aren't noticed because you don't put yourself in situations where you would get noticed. This I know from personal experience.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a freak right.
    It's just wrong anyway
    i'm depressed also.
    xxxxxxxxx
    That sounds just like me when I was 17. I too thought that I would never get a boyfriend and all of that. But I did.....it *will* happen for you too OP ((((Hugs)))). BTW you are not a freak at all, there are loads of people in the same boat as you.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a freak right.
    It's just wrong anyway
    i'm depressed also.
    xxxxxxxxx

This sounds like me. What did you do during breaks at school? It was partly my fault... i just didn't WANT to be with people for 2 years after knowing for 3 years i was never wanted in any friendship groups.

It's still the same. I have friends but noone i've gotten close to... i don't think i even know how to anymore as i didn't talk to people for 2 years. But whatever.

You're going to college, right?

On my first days of college, we stayed in our form rooms and did team building activities and suprisingly, it helped talk and make friends with people i never knew before and we still talk a bit cause were in the same lessons.

Just try and talk to people, don't shy away because you think noone will like you.

Chin up.:yes:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 10, 2009
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.