Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I have my toenails painted all the time and I just took my polish off and there's what looks like a streak of bacteria on a plate on my big toe nail, in my head I thought "oh crap I've got a fungal nail infection" but I've just googled some photos and it looks nothing like a fungal nail infection.
    I can't take a photo of my toe because I don't have a camera and that'd just be weird, but there's just a streak looking thing on it (well a squiggle - I guess if you do Microbiology you'll get what I mean).
    Any idea what it is????

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it's a bruise under the nail. Have you kicked anyone's ass recently?

ReputationRep:
    My guess is that you've dropped something on your toe or hit it against something. My dad has a black toenail because he screwed it up years ago.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it's just something really basic like a little bit of calcium missing or something.

ReputationRep:
    i think it's best to go and see a doctor or your local pharmacist. Infected toe nail doenst look like "streak of bacteria" but who knows?

I dont think OP mentioned bruised toe nail, dot understand why the 2 persons above mentioned it...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 11, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.