Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I have my toenails painted all the time and I just took my polish off and there's what looks like a streak of bacteria on a plate on my big toe nail, in my head I thought "oh crap I've got a fungal nail infection" but I've just googled some photos and it looks nothing like a fungal nail infection.
    I can't take a photo of my toe because I don't have a camera and that'd just be weird, but there's just a streak looking thing on it (well a squiggle - I guess if you do Microbiology you'll get what I mean).
    Any idea what it is????

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it's a bruise under the nail. Have you kicked anyone's ass recently?

ReputationRep:
    My guess is that you've dropped something on your toe or hit it against something. My dad has a black toenail because he screwed it up years ago.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it's just something really basic like a little bit of calcium missing or something.

ReputationRep:
    i think it's best to go and see a doctor or your local pharmacist. Infected toe nail doenst look like "streak of bacteria" but who knows?

I dont think OP mentioned bruised toe nail, dot understand why the 2 persons above mentioned it...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 11, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.