Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is this possible? (Like in the movies/TV) Watch

ReputationRep:
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@

ReputationRep:
    Not at 16. Wait til you're 30 ish.

ReputationRep:
    Oh no didn't mean at 16 - just any age really.

ReputationRep:
    Reminds me of a Peep Show quote. Jeremy is trying to get into the pants of one of his ex's "We'll become friends, like the friends on friends...who were such good friends, they got bored of being friends and started ******* each other."

I don't think this was of any help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kai4321)
    I'm only 16 so still quite young to properly know this but is it ever possible to achieve friendship like on the show Friends or How I met your mother (and probably many more)?

I know that you can get pretty close with friends but how realistic is it that you spend a lot of time together, hanging out and just doing a lot of great stuff with the people you care about. It's always fascinated me considering it seems great but then I doubt if it can be possible in the real world or if it's just another one of those "just in the movies" thing.
    Nah, it usually doesn't work out like that irl.

PS: How dare you have a sig against Federer. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    i have quite a large friendship group of about 11 of us, both males and females. we regularly all stay overnight in one persons house or go shopping etc. i suppose thats kinda close to it jus with more people? to be honest some love triangles have begun though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psycho0101)
    Nah, it usually doesn't work out like that irl.

PS: How dare you have a sig against Federer. :mad:
    I'm a Rafa fan - obviously.

You're not gonna neg me like some guy did on the Tennis thread and just leaving "Soderling's nephew" - I lol'd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kai4321)
    I'm a Rafa fan - obviously.

You're not gonna neg me like some guy did on the Tennis thread and just leaving "Soderling's nephew" - I lol'd.
    Nah, I was just kidding. I treat it as a sport and appreciate the game. I'm a Federer fan but Nadal is also a bloody good player!

ReputationRep:
    Kinda of shot yourself in the foot putting "Like in the movies/TV" a.k.a "The world of most-of-the-time-fiction-fabricated-to-fill-that-empty-void-of-camaraderie-in-your-damn-life".

ReputationRep:
    Its possible. I have friends like that.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 10, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.