Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Friends being.. not friends basically. Watch

Anon pls, i'm a ninny.

Few of my friends have fallen out with each other.

(I'll call the groups A and B, easier)

A started to realise around May that B stopped asking them to go places with everyone else, and they only came places if someone else asked, E.G. Me. And about the beginning of August A and B why and they both sorta said they drifted from each other and A felt like B couldn't even be bothered with them.

And this week me and some of my mates decided to go on an overnight thing, but because they had fallen out we didn't ask B to come incase it all started kicking off etc. But now, B planned a trip too but not inviting A and me.

I'm not bothered about not being asked to come, but one of A seems to be ignoring me, and i'm guessing it's because i've been hanging around with B. I want to be friends with both of them, and B knows that and doesn't mind, but right now, A seems to mind.

I don't even know what i'm asking. I just needed to vent.

If you see what i'm trying to get at, just write something xP

ReputationRep:
    Ah, so much teenage drama!

People do drift apart and fall out for odd reasons; it sucks, but it just happens. Basically, my advice would just be to not get involved, stay friends with the people you want to be friends with and be straight with everyone involved. If you're spending time with one group, just say you are and explain it doesn't change how you feel about the other group. Say you aren't picking sides. They'll either be mature enough to accept that or not.

Yeah but i've told A that I want to be friends with both of them and they don't mind, but B haven't even given me the chance :/

ReputationRep:
    Well, then just talk to B; say you're going to be friends with both groups and you aren't siding with one or the other. In the end, if they throw a fit about it, they're immature little gits who you're better off without.

ReputationRep:
    I hate it when groups of friends split up and you're left in the middle. You could be friends with both, but there may come a time when both groups at the same time make you choose one of the other (going out on the weekend or something). Setting up some sort of system where you see one group one day and then the other the next will work at first, but each group will probably start getting pissed off that you're 'dumping them' to be with the other. Sticky situation =/

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 10, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.