Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joy Division)
    Hmm how come overseas get them early? For travel arrangements I guess?
    Is your school in UK or China??

Yeah I'm domestic UK student.
    JOY DIVISION are the best band ever...

Good luck.
    Probably because Unis make a lot more money out of us...
    It's in China, but the courses here are the same with urs.
    I'd say JOY DIVISION are the best post-punk band ever
    Thx.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 02sd2607)
    OP to make it fair the Unis will not give you a definitive answer until after the 20th when they have everyones information, just be patient, I think (90%) sure UCL will have you, they interview people and then give them an offer, so they definitely want you! Also UCL don't enter clearing so it's my belief that the people the give offers to are the ones they definitely want for their course! Try not to worry and good luck, hopefully see you in September
    x
    Yeah I know I can't do anything before 20th really, I'll be patient. Hope to see you there too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clozet)
    Well I'm sorry, but I think that's a little judgmental. It's quite possible for people to mess up exams and drop two grades :rolleyes:
    Yeah, that happens all the time...to me:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clozet)
    Well I'm sorry, but I think that's a little judgmental. It's quite possible for people to mess up exams and drop two grades :rolleyes:
    Trust me, i know all about that. But surely applying to one uni with lower requirements would have been helpful? Even if the OP declined the offer..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Castelbajac)
    You might have to wait until next week before you hear anything, as this is when universities will have everyone's results and can make decisions about places.

You'll probably get a place though if you're an international student
    lol I hope so. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Wait...I Live In Cyprus...And I REALLY Need To Start Arranging Travel, etc...But My School Hasn't Been Given Our Results...That's Not Really Fair I've Checked Track And Results Plus And Nothing...
    Our Unis Don't Even Get Our Results Until Saturday...
    HELP I'm Confused And Need To Book Flights!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chicken candy)
    Wait...I Live In Cyprus...And I REALLY Need To Start Arranging Travel, etc...But My School Hasn't Been Given Our Results...That's Not Really Fair I've Checked Track And Results Plus And Nothing...
    Our Unis Don't Even Get Our Results Until Saturday...
    HELP I'm Confused And Need To Book Flights!!
    Wait, shouldn't it be 20th Aug the results day in England? :confused: That's next thursday.

ReputationRep:
    Yes But I Live In Cyprus and APPARANTLY People Overseas Have They're Results Today...So Why Don't I?

ReputationRep:
    yeah just ring the uni and check if it still says conditional

ReputationRep:
    Yes But I Live In Cyprus and APPARANTLY People Overseas Have They're Results Today...So Why Don't I?
    Sorry I thought you were English as I saw that flag on the right.
    So is your school in Cyprus or England?

ReputationRep:
    call the universities and explain the situation- remember be honest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by German Jaime)
    call the universities and explain the situation- remember be honest
    Yeh thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becky.fm)
    Trust me, i know all about that. But surely applying to one uni with lower requirements would have been helpful? Even if the OP declined the offer..
    Yeah but if you're predicted AAA and think you can achieve it, so just apply to a few AAB to act as your insurance then it is very easy to get into this exact situation. The 3A's reject you and suddenly you have 2 offers exactly the same.

I personally think that picking a university that will obviously accept you to act as insurance that you don't really want to go to is a bit stupid. Obviously it would make you more secure in a uni place if you were predicted 3 A's and applie for one with 3 B's but if you don't want to go there - what's the point?

If you only miss your high choices by a grade then you can always retake, or go through clearing to find a similar place.

ReputationRep:
    My School Is In Cyprus...I Am English But Ive Lived In Cyprus For 10Years Now...

ReputationRep:
    My School Is In Cyprus...I Am English But Ive Lived In Cyprus For 10Years Now...
    I see. Maybe CIE released results in Asia earlier? Idk really.:o:

ReputationRep:
    It's late here. OP is going to sleep. See you guys tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    CIE's results are already released I think...? But not Edexcel. I don't think it has anything to do with being an overseas student, overseas + international students should receive results on the same day.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you'll be fine. They're always after the money of international students.

ReputationRep:
    WTF our schools have them????????????? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    Schools in the UK do not have them. They will get access to results early in the morning of Wednesday 19th.

ReputationRep:
    WTF our schools have them????????????? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    just overseas students. i'll quote myself from the other thread:

International students all got their results today. Loads of my friends in Nigeria got theirs. One of my friends got AAAB, and he did both AS and A2 in one year!!! soo happy for all of them!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 12, 2009
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.