Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Well. I've been seeing a girl a fair bit, when out on fridays and things she's came out just to see me and literally spent all evening with me, that sorta thing... I think there MIGHT be something there. Can't be sure but eh, that's irrelevant!

We're doing "something" on thursday, but honestly have no idea what. Both the last times we have met up during the day has ended up us sitting down just like, chatting and stuff. It's nice but... eh I want something more memorable and interesting!

Ice skating was a top thought till it turned out our local place has closed down! I really don't have any idea what to do.

Bear in mind that we can easily hold good conversation for hours so it's no issue doing something without a main "focal point" and the like.

Norfolk, Norwich area if that's any help, oh, and not 18.

Cheers boys and girls.

ReputationRep:
    AAHAH THIS TOPIC HELPS ME!
    I don't ever know what to do for a first date, and I often find being alone with one single person is very awkward at times.
    Although I never make it awkward, it's just weird to me.

ReputationRep:
    Go to the zoo. Check for animal allergies first and suggest going to the zoo.

(Original post by Ken321)
    AAHAH THIS TOPIC HELPS ME!
    I don't ever know what to do for a first date, and I often find being alone with one single person is very awkward at times.
    Although I never make it awkward, it's just weird to me.
    First date just talking somewhere is good IMO, that's what we did the first time we met up on our own outside of a group, which again, is absolutely no problem. We make conversation and awkwardness doesn't happen often, and if it does it is quickly made fun of and moved accross.

Just don't know what else we could do.

Zoo is a fair shout but it costs a bloody bomb! She's not that well off atm and really, really hates it when I pay for stuff for her, so I don't think she'd appriciate that, unfortunatly.

ReputationRep:
    Pick her up in the tractor and take her down the hedge if you know what I mean.

ReputationRep:
    Take her for a picnic on Mousehold Heath. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Go to the beach and have a barbie with some mates then watch sunset. Bring your/her mates for company etc.

(Original post by bigbhoy91)
    Go to the beach and have a barbie with some mates then watch sunset. Bring your/her mates for company etc.
    Point is it's just us tbh... would rather that than lots of other people!

Beach is good but we've been before when not on our own, although we could go to a differnt one.

ReputationRep:
    If it's sunny, a picnic is always a winner. If not, have a look at local media, see if there's anything going in. I think the important thing is just to make sure it's something that she's into.

ReputationRep:
    Have a disco at home, just you 2 and do the moon walk, it's a clincher.

ReputationRep:
    lol you quoted me twice with your user-name. Dw, you obviously wanted it anon for a reason so I won't go blabbing it. Just go shopping or something... I dunno, so many things to do lol. Money is an issue I know though. Good luck with the maths

ReputationRep:
    crazy golf???

ReputationRep:
    Open farms are good (dont laugh lol) and cheaper than the zoo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Norfolk, Norwich area if that's any help, oh, and not 18.

Cheers boys and girls.
    Both sit down and trace your family tree. I give it 10 mins before you find out you're related.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    First date just talking somewhere is good IMO, that's what we did the first time we met up on our own outside of a group, which again, is absolutely no problem. We make conversation and awkwardness doesn't happen often, and if it does it is quickly made fun of and moved accross.

Just don't know what else we could do.

Zoo is a fair shout but it costs a bloody bomb! She's not that well off atm and really, really hates it when I pay for stuff for her, so I don't think she'd appriciate that, unfortunatly.
    what does IMO mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FashionADDICT)
    what does IMO mean?
    In my opinion?

OP what about bowling?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FashionADDICT)
    what does IMO mean?
    in my opinion

ReputationRep:
    Picniiiic always a good'un.

ReputationRep:
    I guess theres the cinema? But if your cinema is anything like ours, there won't be anything good on.

You're near Great Yarmouth, are you not? Go there! :teeth: Its good fun.

(Original post by bigbhoy91)
    lol you quoted me twice with your user-name. Dw, you obviously wanted it anon for a reason so I won't go blabbing it. Just go shopping or something... I dunno, so many things to do lol. Money is an issue I know though. Good luck with the maths
    Haha, thanks It's just cause the username is er, fairly unique and identifies me fairly strongly as, er, me.

Fortunately neither of us hail from norfolk and thus are not going to be playing part in any sort of "wow, we're related! "

Picnic is an idea... cheers for the suggestions, all

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 10, 2009
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.