Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have no free weights , so Mark ripptoes isn't an option for me. However I have a gym in my school which consists of a mixture of cable/machin weights.

These are the exersize I can do :

Butter fly machine
    Machine bench press
    Standing bicep cable curl
    Reverse Grip Tricep Pushdown
    Front Cable Raise
    Cable shrugs
    Underhand cable pull downs
    Reverse cable curl
    Leg curl
    Leg press

No one wants to help me , so I decided to come here.

So thanks if you can help me .

ReputationRep:
    If your gym does not have freeweights then its not suited for mass building, im assuming that is your goal!

Out of all those exercises machine bench press and leg press are the only ones worth doing. And even then, they arent very good.

Id suggest you inform your school that what they have supplied is bad your joints and useless for the enthusiasts.

You wont get big without the proper tools

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lara C.)
    If your gym does not have freeweights then its not suited for mass building, im assuming that is your goal!

Out of all those exercises machine bench press and leg press are the only ones worth doing. And even then, they arent very good.

Id suggest you inform your school that what they have supplied is bad your joints and useless for the enthusiasts.

You wont get big without the proper tools
    I don't like people who don't like Honda's posting in my threads :ninja:

Only joking

I just want to put on 10 pounds in a year. I don't want to get hench yet , maybe when I'm sixteen I'll start properly , I'm just trying to get a good base going , and a little bit on tone ( Yes I shouldn't use the word tone but , hey )

I still need a routine though. Or should I just go on random machines ?

ReputationRep:
    Tbh youd be better off doing standing squats, pressups, dips, etc, rather than using those machines.

ReputationRep:
    Yh I'm doing the hundred press up thing, and when I can do that I'll add weight and then do it again , and again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maximum Velocity)
    Yh I'm doing the hundred press up thing, and when I can do that I'll add weight and then do it again , and again.
    waste of time tbh, anything that uses only bodyweight is not going to gain you sizeable amounts although 10 pounds should be possible.

much better to put a rucksack on with some bottles of water in it. try and keep the reps around the 15 mark.

ReputationRep:
    Maximum Velocity has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Maximum Velocity has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.
    Damn that happens every bloody week , so annoying. I want more storage space !. Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    Damn that happens every bloody week , so annoying. I want more storage space !. Sorry.
    Well then you should rep; it's virtually unlimited.

ReputationRep:
    Well then you should rep; it's virtually unlimited.
    I should rep ? You mean subcribe ? :p:

ReputationRep:
    I should rep ? You mean subcribe ? :p:
    It's 5 in the morning! I meant sub, yes. You should sub.

I'm doing one weeks worth of dishes right now, my laptop is resting on the breakfast bar and I'm dancing to electro and Dubstep. Not really paying attention :p:

ReputationRep:
    It's 5 in the morning! I meant sub, yes. You should sub.

I'm doing one weeks worth of dishes right now, my laptop is resting on the breakfast bar and I'm dancing to electro and Dubstep. Not really paying attention :p:
    Lmao !. I've already had my 8/9 hours sleep . 1 weeks worth of dishes , I'd hate to live with you !. I'm just tryign to fix my xbox and listening to some R and B musicccc ! :P

ReputationRep:
    Lmao !. I've already had my 8/9 hours sleep . 1 weeks worth of dishes , I'd hate to live with you !. I'm just tryign to fix my xbox and listening to some R and B musicccc ! :P

I'm listening to radiohead - Idioteque now. If you don't know it, look it up on Youtube.

I have a free house and no mummykins, and I've let it all build up and now it's grimy so I can't sleep and I'm just doing the pots. So grimy, urgh, so grimy... :cool:

Still in the kitchen, I'm kinda dancing as I type this.

ReputationRep:
    I'm listening to radiohead - Idioteque now. If you don't know it, look it up on Youtube.

I have a free house and no mummykins, and I've let it all build up and now it's grimy so I can't sleep and I'm just doing the pots. So grimy, urgh, so grimy... :cool:

Still in the kitchen, I'm kinda dancing as I type this.
    I'll search it in spotify . I hardly have a free house , but it's usually for only a few hours. So I tend to make the most of it , while it lasts .

Lol I've never washed up I don't think. And I can't iron , last time I tried I created three new seems lmao !.

Dancing + typing , you're crazy !.

ReputationRep:
    I'll search it in spotify . I hardly have a free house , but it's usually for only a few hours. So I tend to make the most of it , while it lasts .

Lol I've never washed up I don't think. And I can't iron , last time I tried I created three new seems lmao !.

Dancing + typing , you're crazy !.
    Oh I finished now, I'm just gonna go wash my hair in a bit.

You've never washed up!? Srsly, do it today. Help your mum, she'll appreciate it.

Now listen to this song. I have it on repeat. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Oh I finished now, I'm just gonna go wash my hair in a bit.

You've never washed up!? Srsly, do it today. Help your mum, she'll appreciate it.

Now listen to this song. I have it on repeat. :yes:

Oh right that was quick , seeing as you was dancing and typing aswell lmao !. Well I've washed up once , but made a mess of it , fairy washing up liquid ended up all over the floor. I'm not good at doing things like that :o:

And yh let me listen brbbbbsz.

ReputationRep:
    Oh right that was quick , seeing as you was dancing and typing aswell lmao !. Well I've washed up once , but made a mess of it , fairy washing up liquid ended up all over the floor. I'm not good at doing things like that :o:

And yh let me listen brbbbbsz.
    Tell me what you think :pinch:

ReputationRep:
    Tell me what you think :pinch:
    Ahaha

The beat at the start was good , but then the guy started singing so I paused it immediatley .

IMO , it's horrible. What the hell is the dude saying !.

ReputationRep:
    Ahaha

The beat at the start was good , but then the guy started singing so I paused it immediatley .

IMO , it's horrible. What the hell is the dude saying !.

:rofl: Fair enough. I didn't think you'd like it. Imo it's brilliant (but I don't really like Radiohead).

Agreed, the words are quite wtf and the beat at the beginning is the best part.

Who's in a bunker?
    Who's in a bunker?
    I have seen too much
    You haven't seen enough
    You haven't seen it
    I'll laugh until my head comes off
    Women and children first
    And children first
    And children

Appaz it's about the holocaust... :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: Fair enough. I didn't think you'd like it. Imo it's brilliant (but I don't really like Radiohead).

Agreed, the words are quite wtf and the beat at the beginning is the best part.

Who's in a bunker?
    Who's in a bunker?
    I have seen too much
    You haven't seen enough
    You haven't seen it
    I'll laugh until my head comes off
    Women and children first
    And children first
    And children

Appaz it's about the holocaust... :dontknow:

Who the feck are they anyway , never heard of them before. They must be and old group :p:

I'm so bored Bubbles . It's goign to be a long boring day. let me see if Ican try eat 3500 calories actually. Already had 300

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 10, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.