Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Another one here. I'm really apprehensive though. When I was younger I was diagnosed with dyspraxia and my speech is bad as a result of it in the sense that nobody can really understand what I'm saying. People who don't know about it look at me like I'm a freak and it sucks. Didn't notice til I started secondary school when I answered my name on the register and everybody in the classroom looked at me.

I don't have many friends and my confidence is so low at the moment. When on the phone to student finance the woman on the end of the phone had to ask for my reference number nine times. All in all it should be an interesting experience, but I'm not letting something that's been with me all my life stop me from what I want to do. When I was a little kid, my parents had to decide whether to send me to a special needs school or my local school and I'm eternally grateful they chose the latter despite the bullying etc that I've suffered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Damien1990)
    Another one here. I'm really apprehensive though. When I was younger I was diagnosed with dyspraxia and my speech is bad as a result of it in the sense that nobody can really understand what I'm saying. People who don't know about it look at me like I'm a freak and it sucks. Didn't notice til I started secondary school when I answered my name on the register and everybody in the classroom looked at me.

I don't have many friends and my confidence is so low at the moment. When on the phone to student finance the woman on the end of the phone had to ask for my reference number nine times. All in all it should be an interesting experience, but I'm not letting something that's been with me all my life stop me from what I want to do. When I was a little kid, my parents had to decide whether to send me to a special needs school or my local school and I'm eternally grateful they chose the latter despite the bullying etc that I've suffered.

Hey there, glad to have you on board. I sympathize with your situation but glad to hear that you are persevering through it. I'm looking forward to seeing you soon in the department on the 28th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by makes_cents)
    I wouldn't recommend changing them into traveller's cheques.

The best thing for you to do is to open a bank account. It won't cost you anything and it'll give you access to the facilities such as a Visa Electron or Solo. This means if your card gets lost or stolen when your out you won't lose any money, unlike cash.

You'll need ID and proof of your address to setup an account. After that you'll receive a card and a usually a cheque book (useless now), the card you can use in most shops in Liverpool and online.

Ash
    Thank you very much for this - I'll be opening a bank account soon, tomorrow hopefully since the bank representatives will be present for tomorrow's event for international student. Can't wait :woo:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Articles:

University of Liverpool Guide

Featured accommodation profiles:

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Quick links:

Unanswered University of Liverpool ThreadsStalking pages becomes University Connect, connect to other Liverpool applicants now!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.