Turn on thread page Beta

Good mens hair gel/wax that doesn't look shiny watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I just want something that will work for a change.

It seems whatever gel i buy, i gel my hair up, but by the end of the day it falls down.

Either i dont know how to gel my hair, or i'm buying rubbish gel.
    But i use V05 which is supposed to be good.

Anyway, i want the "non shine" ones like wax, any suggestions?

Also how do i gel my hair up lol

ReputationRep:
    V05 Matt Clay. It does exactly what is says on the tin. It is Matt and Clay. I find it works for me.

ReputationRep:
    go get dax wax (the red one). Works a treat and lasts forever!

ReputationRep:
    matt clay is ***** get vo5 fibre putty

ReputationRep:
    DO NOT GET DAX WAX, it is awful takes about 1 hour to wash it out of your hair.
    Maybe try hairspray which works pretty well.

ReputationRep:
    Use semen like in Something about Mary

ReputationRep:
    the absolute best

http://www.ciao.co.uk/Sebastian_Xtah..._125g__6572620

you also have to get this from a salon <or online, not in shops>

ReputationRep:
    get fudge. you get from a salon and its about £11 a pot but it will last about 3 months cos u need so little. it also smells of blueberry which sounds gay but is actually lovely when u got it on.
    been using it for about 6 years and never wanted anything else

ReputationRep:
    I use Label M Matt Paste, which is sold by Toni&Guy in their salons... it's about £20 a tub but it lasts for AGES! It's proper amazing stuff though, then I hairspray with Tres emme hair spray to fix it.

ReputationRep:
    Matrix: Dirty Trix

Matt finish, best hold (much better than fudge). Gotta buy online/hair places.

ReputationRep:
    tbh you cant go wrong with loreal products esp the fixing gels and putty. Give it a go and if you arent satisfied dont worry as Im sure it will come handy on those bad hair days

ReputationRep:
    by the way dont buy any dax products unless you have a good shampoo which can really take out the gunk in this product. dax is very long lasting which is also a bad thing

ReputationRep:
    http://www.boots.com/en/Fish-Strong-...m-100ml_44509/

some good **** right there less than a fiver and u get buy 1 get one half price. their wax is also good

ReputationRep:
    I use this http://www.candyaddicted.com/paul-mi..._store=default

ReputationRep:
    Gatsby wax! can be found from ebay, from what i've seen, the videos look really good!! it's from japan but looks really good to use!

ReputationRep:
    Fish wax & Cream are good too.

ReputationRep:
    Best iv'e used is probably osmos clay wax, dont go for the overpriced rubbish, dont think theres much of a difference really. You want something thats reasonably priced and effective, i use vo5 matt clay personally, lasts ages, and the girls dig the matt bedhead look.

ReputationRep:
    American crew,black and white?

ReputationRep:
    Any?

ReputationRep:
    just go to superdrug or boots or whatever. anything with "matte" on it will be good for you. less is more with these kind of things - your hair will end up looking greasy and feeling horrible if you put too much. I use Toni & Guy texture paste. bit more dear than VO5 but i find it looks less greasy, holds better, and smells less icky too. you can buy a small pot just to see if you like it, its only a couple quid.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 15, 2010
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.