Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

anyone over 24 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Do you now?

I'd agree if you said "uncommon", but by saying it's "not normal" you're suggesting there's something wrong with those who haven't. And for that, you're a cretin.

Oh I don't know, 'normal' is highly overrated anyway. Actually there is no such thing as 'normal' anyway, merely mediocre...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arson)
    I stopped after Season 1, but only because the BBC stopped showing it. No fancy Sky for me, I'm afraid. Hell, we can't even receive Freeview :grumble:
    haha ... 2 funny ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    I'm 23 and have never had a relationship and unless some major changes happen, it's unlikely this will have changed by the time I'm 24! There's nothing abnormal about it.... for a long time I wasn't interested in having a boyfriend and now I am, I'm extremely picky.

It's not your life, so why are you so fascinated by what she does or doesn't do?

Oh no it is her life, it's just that people will assume that she is less worldly and less mature cos of this.

ReputationRep:
    23, had 1 serious relationship.

I'd like another tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by other one)
    Oh no it is her life, it's just that people will assume that she is less worldly and less mature cos of this.

The only people who'll think such things are people who's opinions aren't worth much [or anything] to begin with.

ReputationRep:
    Why would you assume that those are the most obvious assumptions? Is that based on your own prejudices towards her?

I've told plenty of people that I've never had a boyfriend, or slept with anyone and I've never had a single negative response from anyone male or female. No one's judged me, or laughed at me, instead, they've applauded my strength of character.

I do think you're thinking too much into it. She's a big girl and she can no doubt look after herself. If she's anything like me, she won't give a stuff what people choose to think about her.

ReputationRep:
    To answer those asking why, my sister is 24 and she's never been in a serious relationship. I know this is not normal. She is really picky though. But was just discussing this with her, won't guys be put off by this?
    So, with this thread you want to prove that your sister is indeed not normal?

Why would you assume that those are the most obvious assumptions? Is that based on your own prejudices towards her?

I've told plenty of people that I've never had a boyfriend, or slept with anyone and I've never had a single negative response from anyone male or female. No one's judged me, or laughed at me, instead, they've applauded my strength of character.

I do think you're thinking too much into it. She's a big girl and she can no doubt look after herself. If she's anything like me, she won't give a stuff what people choose to think about her.
    You are one amazing girl! :love:

ReputationRep:
    People who mind don't matter and people who matter don't mind. Dr Seuss (and Ataloss).

2. One 3 years. One 4 years

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by c2uk)
    So, with this thread you want to prove that your sister is indeed not normal?

Well of course not. It's just that so many guys have been after her. Really decent ones but she wouldn't really consider them because she is so fussy. It's absolutely her life, but she does complain that she feels a bit empty being single, but also she is very picky, she admits this. I just don't see the point of waiting for a prince on white horse.

I'm 23, and been single all my life. Never had a proper bf, scores of guys were after me, but I always wanted someone that I could't have, I was terribly unlucky. Bit I admit that I've been far far too picky. I sorely need a bf, not just for sexual reasons, but the whole emotional thing, I feel incomplete. And I think I am mature and worldly, but some people would make assumptions because I've never been in a relationship and I wish I had your strength not to care. I am quite sensitive. Also most people would never think that I've never had a relationship, but if I told some of them, while they might not laugh at me, I know they'd think me weird. I know I shouldn't care, but I do and it does hurt me even if it's stupid. It's doubly hurtful, never had anyone and some people will judge me negatively because of this. When it really wasn't my fault.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm 23, and been single all my life. Never had a proper bf, scores of guys were after me, but I always wanted someone that I could't have, I was terribly unlucky. Bit I admit that I've been far far too picky. I sorely need a bf, not just for sexual reasons, but the whole emotional thing, I feel incomplete. And I think I am mature and worldly, but some people would make assumptions because I've never been in a relationship and I wish I had your strength not to care. I am quite sensitive. Also most people would never think that I've never had a relationship, but if I told some of them, while they might not laugh at me, I know they'd think me weird. I know I shouldn't care, but I do and it does hurt me even if it's stupid. It's doubly hurtful, never had anyone and some people will judge me negatively because of this. When it really wasn't my fault.
    How do you know that though? You're making assumptions about people making assumptions - Unnecessarily upsetting yourself about what someone might be thinking. Why do you care what they think? It's not going to cause you physical harm if someone thinks you're weird.

I'm a freak, and I fly my freak flag. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    How do you know that though? You're making assumptions about people making assumptions - Unnecessarily upsetting yourself about what someone might be thinking. Why do you care what they think? It's not going to cause you physical harm if someone thinks you're weird.

I'm a freak, and I fly my freak flag. :yes:
    im with u here even though im 26 and really am unhappy i havent been fortunate to have been in a relationship i still would like ot meet someone nice. Theres so many girls out there who will sleep or date any guy just to say theyve gone out with someone. I dont want that for me. Yes i have guys after me but 9/10 times its for sex and i dont do ons so dont go there. Dont make your sis feel like she isnt normal she probs feels insecure as it

ReputationRep:
    25, never had a relationship that lasted longer than 3 months. I've had quite a few one night stands too.

ReputationRep:
    A year, 5 years and 6 months

ReputationRep:
    none. still a virgin, and proudly single and independent!

ReputationRep:

I'm a freak, and I fly my freak flag.
    http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...milies/yes.gif
    Yeah! :five:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 10, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.