Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, everybody. I just joined but I really need help. We have a lady coming in to our school to talk to us about our Extended Essays and I usually always have a hard time when it comes to picking topics.

So far I have two topics in my mind. One is in Biology and is more of a local problem. People in Hawai'i are trying to genetically modify taro but the locals think of it as a sacred plant and don't want that happening. I plan on showing the advantages and disadvantages of GMOs and whatnot.

The other topic is more in Psychology. It's basically trying to prove that video games do not cause violence.

I'm thinknig more towards the first choice but can anyone help lead me in the right direction as to which one is better?

ReputationRep:
    The second seems like it would be quite common, but is definitely interesting. I don't doubt you'd find enough to write on, either.

My only concern with your Biology topic is that I'm pretty sure a Science EE has to involve conducting an experiment.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    The first one is a bad one; you start off the title with what is basically a moral and philosophical argument, and then create your EE on something else. You need to be consistent. You'll need to do a scientific experiment should you choose to a science.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, thanks for all the replies. We had a teacher come in from the mainland who was working with Extended Essay for 20 years to come talk to us about everything. We just got IB this year so we were confused.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.