Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just be a consequentialist and try and think for yourself. And no offence but how do you know he likes you? And if he does then he has to have faults as he's willing to "cheat" on his girl to be with you.

ReputationRep:
    Stay friends with him and just be a really good friend. Joke around, tell him 'he's like a brother...' etc.
    After a while one of two things will happen:

1) He and gf stay together. Bad luck, but at least you'll have made a good friend out of this situation. And if you can't bear it any longer, slowly drift away and find someone else. You'll probably stop fancying him after a while anyway, crushes fade once you see people's flaws and things.

2) He and gf split up. You're the perfect 'shoulder to cry on', not that he's going to do much crying...but still. Be there for him to joke around and pick him up. Flirt subtly, but DON'T be the rebound girl. Wait until he's totally over his ex to make your move.

Anyway, good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mipegg)
    Then you should stay away. He has a girlfriend, getting close to him and flirting is a *****y and extremely unthoughtful thing to do.

The problem is this is how I feel, but the all is fair in love and war thing does have some merit. I'm torn between the two.

And perfect, there are things that I would like in a guy and he embodies all those things. I never said he liked me, we don't know each other that well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by other one)
    The problem is this is how I feel, but the all is fair in love and war thing does have some merit. I'm torn between the two.

And perfect, there are things that I would like in a guy and he embodies all those things. I never said he liked me, we don't know each other that well.
    Dont do it, its a horrible thing to do.

Iv been on the end of it a few times with me ex, having guys (her friends who she cant really just avoid) chat her up/flirt/try go out with her when theres really not alot you can do about it is infuriating and hurtful. He has a girlfriend, its his choice. You should not, mess with that. And the fact you know he has a girlfriend means just stay away, hes off limits.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ice Man 3000)
    I also respectfully disagree
    I respectfully ask you to expand on the reasons for your disagreement.

ReputationRep:
    Stay away.
    It's up to him what he wants to do.

ReputationRep:
    1) There's no such thing.
    2) He has a girlfriend; he is not available
    3) There's no such thing.

(Original post by Havers)
    nope. im guessing your either 3 things.
    and

(Original post by haz220807)
    Inbetweeners?

stop jacking the thread. Get a room. PM each other.

ReputationRep:
    this topic is ridiculous. the guy is perfect? and you say perfection is embodying all the things you look for in a guy. hate to burst your bubble but if you dont even know him that well you aren't qualified to say whether he does or not.

let me guess, he's a mate of a mate or summat and you very rarely get shown attention by guys but he's always nice to you. you think he's nice and cute cause he says little things that make you smile and he's actually pretty hot (you never thought that there would be guys who can be pretty good looking, really nice AND like you!!!) and he's even got a little bit of a bad streak.

get over yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChopinNocturne)
    this is girlfriend -----> :shoot: <------ this is you
    :ninjagirl:

But seriously, there's not much you can do. If he's got a girlfriend then he clearly doesn't think you're as perfect for him as you think he is for you, and it makes him off limits, therefore not perfect.
    this exactly :ninjagirl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by other one)
    You've met the perfect guy. But he has a gf. What to do?
    Ask for a threesome ... :yes:

(Original post by m1tchy4)
    Become friends with him, and subtly flirt and find out the faults with his gf, and then highlight the fact that her faults are benefits with you
    No, not a good plan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melting Sugar.)
    this exactly :ninjagirl:
    What, the shooting part, or the sensible advice? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrightGirl)
    Become friends, get closer, flirt, hope he dumps the gf.

Wtf!? :eek:

Telling someone to be a homewrecker? Not cool D: . Plus, if he's willing to leave his girlfriend for the OP, who's to say he won't do the same to the OP when some other chick comes along.

OP: Respect his relationship with his girlfriend and move on.

ReputationRep:
    Meet someone else...duh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChopinNocturne)
    What, the shooting part, or the sensible advice? :p:
    Both :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farmboy_Pip)
    if some ***** came along saying that my boyfriend was her perfect guy i'd kick her right in the fanny!

if i thought someone was my perfect guy, i wouldn't want to do anything to hurt his girlfriend, so i'd stay away.. unless she was a ********..
    Exactly. If he was your "perfect guy" you'd want him to be happy, or at least.. that's what I'd do/have done.

Sometimes it works out in the end anyway..

ReputationRep:
    dont be a homewrecker

EDIT: and no ones perfect

ReputationRep:
    Okay here's a tip

DO NOT attempt to hook up with him whilst he still has a girlfriend.

ReputationRep:
    how would you feel if another girl stole your perfect guy?

stay away

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrightGirl)
    Become friends, get closer, flirt, hope he dumps the gf.
    I hope you were joking about that..

(Original post by mipegg)
    Then you should stay away. He has a girlfriend, getting close to him and flirting is a *****y and extremely unthoughtful thing to do.
    Exactly!

OP - the perfect guy does not have a girlfriend.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 10, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.