Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I havent got my GSCE certificates for my NHS Interview, What should I Do!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I have an interview with the NHS tomorrow for Maternity Support Workers; I am double checking what I need to take with me. On the document it mentioned “any relevant professional certificates” what does this include?? Is it talking about my GCSE Certificates?

IF SO I’m in deep trouble, I do not have my certificates any more they got lost when we moved house 5 years ago, I know I am going to get slated for this but I guessed what I got for my GCSE'S which I believe where all C Grades, Now I do not know what to do. Should I phone them and tell them the situation or should I leave it? But if they require my GCSE's Certificates I have no idea what to do.

Any help would be great full
    Many thanks to all,

ReputationRep:
    I doubt professional certificates means GCSE. GCSE would be rather an academic qualification. More so, if they want to see your GCSEs or A levels they usually say so expressly. In any case, it would be a good idea to request some GCSE certificate copies because they ask for them in some jobs. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Do you even have the provisional statements? Go for the interview and if they ask to see them explain your situation. You could ask them to phone the school you studied at to confirm your grades, if they really want proof.
    You should probably pay for a replacement certificate though, by contacting your exam board for future interviews.

ReputationRep:
    No i do not have any statements at all,, nothing. I do not know what happened to them and now im worried sick about it. I left school about 4 to 5 years ago so i do not know if the school will still have them on record.

In the person specification it did not mention any specific GCSE requirements just basic level of education.
    So at the moment I am So confused.

ReputationRep:
    If you are so worried, ring them. I am pretty sure 'professional qualification' is not GCSE. Again, GCSE is an academic qualification and most positions advertised say expressly if they need proof of them.

ReputationRep:
    this might help : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Profess...United_Kingdom

ReputationRep:
    thanks triclo for the link it was VERY Helpfull, I feel alot happier about the interview tomorrow now, fingers crossed !!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Whenever I am asked to take things like that I don't take my GCSE/A Level certificates. I think the question is more aimed at people who have professional qualifcations, like a nursing degree or an NVQ.
    If they want them, just explain the situation. It might be worth looking into getting copies of the certificates in case you need them in the future.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.