Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What's up with men wearing earings? It looks ******* gay (by which I mean 'girly').

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lolicon)
    It looks ******* gay (by which I mean 'girly').

:facepalm2:

Hey, that's still offensive!

MY brother has both ears pierced. It looks anything but girly. Or, for that matter, gay.

It suits him.

ReputationRep:
    It does indeed, especially when its a fake diamond stud. The ones that stuck rivets, or big chunks of rubber in their ear-lobes are alright though. Not really mu cup of tea, but at least it doesn't make them look like a panto dame...

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend has both of his ears pierced, it suits him though and he only wears little earrings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lolicon)
    What's up with men wearing earings? It looks ******* gay (by which I mean 'girly').
    My ear currently has 3 helix spikes and a conch BCR, and an industrial in the other. Believe me, its anything BUT girl :P

ReputationRep:
    In my personal opinion I hate earrings on men - I think they look really chavvy and tacky.

ReputationRep:
    I dont see anything wrong with men having their ears pierced. One or both ears is fine.

ReputationRep:
    Earings on men just look well weird and I just think to myself that they think they are hard whent he are probably not.

PLus on my ideal woman they wouldnt have earings although I dont mind if they do really.

PS nice ad on this page CLEARING from Anglia Ruskin University

ReputationRep:
    my brother has 2 rings in one of his earlobes.. it doesn't look rubbish at all, it suits him.

also, one of my ex boyfriends has the top of his ear pierced which looks pretty sexy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaccyG)
    Earings on men just look well weird and I just think to myself that they think they are hard whent he are probably not.

PLus on my ideal woman they wouldnt have earings although I dont mind if they do really.

PS nice ad on this page CLEARING from Anglia Ruskin University
    That's the thing that pisses me off, they aren't hard they're girly!

ReputationRep:
    earrings on men- on the whole are pretty tacky, and although incredibly judgemental and short sighted, I would have to say it would put me off.

However I have never really liked piercings or tatoos or anything like that (on both men and women). Just think people look better natural.

ReputationRep:
    It's all about personal choice. I choose not to wear them as it's not my thing. But then having long hair isn't for other people.

I'm not so much into like the big 'diamond' earings. But sometimes tunnels or earings which look simmilar can look okay [B]IMO[B] which is the whole point here.

I hate the way chavs dress and would never dress like it. But if they want to why moan about it. It doesn't affect me.

ReputationRep:
    it only looks good if ure black

ReputationRep:
    But how do you know if it looks good?

ReputationRep:
    Pirates can carry them off.

ReputationRep:
    i think it looks chavvy. i prefer the clean cut look.

ReputationRep:
    I hate it, it looks very trashy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cucciola89)
    i think it looks chavvy. i prefer the clean cut look.
    Clean cut ears?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AP123)
    Clean cut ears?

Clean cut generally i.e. not trying to look hard/something that they're not.

There are girls who like it though.

ReputationRep:
    I hate diamond-y earrings on guys, I think it looks really chavvy.

I think stretched lobes (up to a point) and scaffolding etc can suit the guy, but I don't find it attractive. My mate sticks chopsticks through his tunnels, it looks scary!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.