Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kellybaby)
    The real ones are amazingly comfy, you'd never want to wear any other shoes again! Fake ones are tacky though, and uggs on men = NOOOOO.
    Really ?I can't imagine !

ReputationRep:
    I loveeeeeee my Uggs!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Dust)
    Not a fan. I can understand that they're comfy, but why would you spend over £100 to have something that ugly on your feet?
    Beause I think comfy shoes are very import !And i see some uggboots are not very expensive!

ReputationRep:
    They're not waterproof. And we live in england...?

ReputationRep:
    Look ugly, make everyone look like eskimos

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Belle-x)
    I loveeeeeee my Uggs!
    I think so!BUt! You"d better go to sleep now !It 's too late for you !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben F)
    Look ugly, make everyone look like eskimos
    you are a funny person!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noémie)
    fuggs :love:
    i have several pairs.
    if the price increase merited buying the real things, id buy the real things, but i've worn both and i don't find a significant enough difference to merit the high price tag of the real things.
    i have a black pair from primark (mid calf), a short brown pair of amazon, another short black pair coming off amazon, and a brown a bit higher than mid calf pair from london. they're different heights and therefore i MUST have them all, in case of different occasions :cool: hah
    i really love the primark pair, they're really soft on the outside. the two shortie pairs are a bit shimmery and a bit more... they're harder on the outside. the inside is of course beautiful. the original pair was from london...
    oh okay i'm rambling but anywho, i love my fugs.
    haha.

oh and yes i do agree that they look like you have massive feet and if you don't walk properly in them and make them all slanty it's AWFUL and they do get wet easily (but they dry easily too) and they generally aren't too pretty and they are glorified slippers (but go anywhere slippers are fantastic anyway) annnd oh i agree with most of the things against them int his thread:
    price, look, durability, chaviness
    ahh but i don't care. i still love them. particuarly my black ones, with black drainpipes. fantastic stuff.
    Thank you for your advetising!I'll think them carefully!

ReputationRep:
    ugly... the name says it all... ugg-ly boots

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JemSevenV)
    According to my parents, elderly women used to wear boots like these when they (my parents) were kids. Cheapy ones look ridiculous, especially when the wearer has stupid walking habits and walks on the side of their feet. They go all slanted...
    Actual Ugg Boots are better because the people who buy them aren't stake and kidney lock openers and they look after them.
    This is what I thought when I first saw them about! but I thought it couldn't be true hahahahahahahaha oooooh all these girls have been HAD. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    so so ugly but so so comfy!
    not one to shell out ridiculous prices on shoes so I have a pair of the fake ones for a tenth of the price!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wangyouxiuxiu)
    I think so!BUt! You"d better go to sleep now !It 's too late for you !
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    hate them, hate them, hate them.
    way overrated and not cute at all.

stick to real boots.

ReputationRep:
    they look like crap

Especially when girls have them in too large a size and end up mashing up the sides and back because they can't walk in them

ReputationRep:
    some people think their chavy, but I like them :rolleyes: not for myself like

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoapyDish)
    I don't think they look particularly great but they're comfy and warm! I hate when girls wear them with short skirts and bare legs though...if it's cold enough for boots, it's too warm for a skirt, and vice versa!
    (Original post by wallflower*)
    They look warm. Too warm. Don't they make your feet sweat?
    Actually no, sheepskin temperature regulates, so they keep you warm in winter (and no not too warm, its a natural product, if you get fake yucky ones then yes your feet will swelter, but not in the real ones) and they actually keep your feet cool in summer. So it doesn't have to be "cold enough for boots" to wear them, which is why you see people wearing them with skirts - cooler than wearing some primark plasticy pumps that make your feet sweat!

ReputationRep:
    I think they're vile. If I was going to spend £180 on a pair of boots, I'd at least expect them to keep my feet dry!

Anyone else find this "fake/real" snobbery quite funny? Just because they're "real" and 10 times the price doesn't make them any nicer and I've seen plenty of girls in Ugg Australia boots that have collapsed at the sides.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meltdown30)
    I think they're vile. If I was going to spend £180 on a pair of boots, I'd at least expect them to keep my feet dry!

Anyone else find this "fake/real" snobbery quite funny? Just because they're "real" and 10 times the price doesn't make them any nicer and I've seen plenty of girls in Ugg Australia boots that have collapsed at the sides.
    The fake Primark ones etc - yes it does make a masisve difference as they are synthetic, and hence don't do the same things that sheepskin does, ie the temperature regulating, and don't mould to your feet properly etc. If you get other "fake" ones that are still sheepskin, fair enough, these will do the same thing, and I wouldn't have a problem getting some of those. The reason they collapse at the side is because people have them too big - they should be a real snug fit when you buy then, as the sheepskin compresses and moulds to your feet, so if you buy them with a bit of room, by the time they have done this they will be far too big and then collapse and slump and look god awful!

ReputationRep:
    I despise them.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty ugly, very comfortable. (I have a pair)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.