Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey people

I am going to go to 6th form in a few weeks, and I need to get some suits, I already have a plain black one, a white pinstriped navy one, a charcoal one and a grey one with pink squares and I need to find different shirt and tie combos to go with them. I already have pink/blue/black/white shirts and white/black/grey tie

would apprieciate any help very much,

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you already have it covered. The pink shirt (I'm presuming a baby pink) would go with all of the suits and you could wear with maybe a darker pink tie, the black or the grey tie depending on what suit you're wearing. Blue shirt would be good with the charcoal or the black suit...wear with a darker blue tie, or a black tie. Black shirt I would only wear with the black suit and maybe a light coloured tie to brighten it up. White shirt with any suit and any tie except the white one.

Other colours you could try, maybe a lilac shirt which could go with the black suit, could be worn with a black tie or a purple/lilac tie- there seems to be a lot of patterned lilac ties.

Maybe buy some slightly patterned shirts/ties in the colours you already have or different colours just to make it less plain?
    Then you just need some black shoes and you're fine! And some black socks.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.