Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can you tell the difference between Coca Cola and Diet Coke? Which do you prefer? Watch

• View Poll Results: Can you tell the difference between Coca Cola and Diet Boke? Which do you prefer?
    I can tell the difference, and I drink Coca Cola
    45.98%
    I can tell the difference, and I drink Diet Coke
    38.31%
    I can tell the difference, and I have no preference
    5.75%
    I can't tell the difference, but I drink Coca Cola
    1.53%
    I can't tell the difference, but I drink Diet Coke
    3.45%
    I can't tell the difference, and I have no preference
    4.98%

ReputationRep:
    Can you tell the difference between Coca Cola and Diet Coke, and which do you prefer to drink?

Options:

1. I can tell the difference, and I drink Coca Cola
    2. I can tell the difference, and I drink Diet Coke
    3. I can tell the difference, and I have no preference
    4. I can't tell the difference, but I drink Coca Cola
    5. I can't tell the difference, but I drink Diet Coke
    6. I can't tell the difference, and I have no preference

ReputationRep:
    I can tell the difference. Regular Coke has the best flavour I think. Must be all that sugar :coma:

ReputationRep:
    I can tell the difference and prefer Coke, but if trying to be healthy will have diet coke as I don't mind it too much.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah there's a big difference in taste. I generally drink Diet Coke just out of habit but I guess I like the taste of Coke best.

ReputationRep:
    I can tell the difference. Regular coke tastes better but i drink diet coke if i'm drinking coke usually.
    Unless it's with vodka, then i drink regular.

ReputationRep:
    Diet Coke is less fizzy than regular Coke and a bit more frothy, so I prefer it.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, they're both nice but normal Coke is yummier.

ReputationRep:
    yeah theres a difference, i cant stand diet coke, also there is a difference with coke zero, dont like that much either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holli2011)
    yeah theres a difference, i cant stand diet coke, also there is a difference with coke zero, dont like that much either
    Diet coke is Coke Zero under a different name. It was thought that Coke Zero would appeal to men, whereas women would prefer Diet Coke.

ReputationRep:
    Yup I can, I used to love diet coke and hate regular coke, but now I'm the opposite.

ReputationRep:
    I can, I drink diet coke. I think regular coke tastes naaaaaasty. Too sugary or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    Diet coke is Coke Zero under a different name. It was thought that Coke Zero would appeal to men, whereas women would prefer Diet Coke.
    No it's actually a different drink. Just try a glass of each and you'll be able to tell instantly. Diet Coke had become a drink in its own right, as opposed to a sugar-free version of coke, which Coke Zero is much closer to. It tastes a lot more like Coke than Diet Coke.

But Pepsi Max is win.

ReputationRep:
    I can tell the difference and I always find Coca Cola far too sweet. I tend to get a sugar rush after drinking a can. So I prefer the diet stuff.

ReputationRep:
    i hate normal coke - its disgusting. diet coke ftw

ReputationRep:
    I can't taste the difference, but after drinking regular coke i can feel the sugar on my teeth, i prefer diet coke.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, one has loads of sugar, the other has loads of carcinogenic sweeteners. (And they both taste crap.) :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    yeh...diet takes like ****. the can don't look half as good and its still gonna be a total ***** to your teeth, so id rather drink the normal stuff.... but Pepsi kicks the **** out of them both!

ReputationRep:
    yes i can, doke has soooo much more sugar in it, makes my teeth weirdly 'soft' after drinking it....generally drink diet coke

ReputationRep:
    I can, hate normal coke, like diet.

Preferred diet virgin cola as a kid though.

ReputationRep:
    I can tell the difference between all the Coke varities. TBH, regular Coke is disgusting now I have been living on Coke Zero and Diet Coke for 2 years! :eek3:

Also, is it true McDonalds have phased out Coke Zero? Everytime I ask for my "can I have a medium Coke Zero Pwease" I get an offer for Diet Coke instead? :rolleyes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.