Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can you tell the difference between Coca Cola and Diet Coke? Which do you prefer? Watch

• View Poll Results: Can you tell the difference between Coca Cola and Diet Boke? Which do you prefer?
    I can tell the difference, and I drink Coca Cola
    45.98%
    I can tell the difference, and I drink Diet Coke
    38.31%
    I can tell the difference, and I have no preference
    5.75%
    I can't tell the difference, but I drink Coca Cola
    1.53%
    I can't tell the difference, but I drink Diet Coke
    3.45%
    I can't tell the difference, and I have no preference
    4.98%

ReputationRep:
    Diet Boke :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    Fat coke is RANK. Leaves a horrible after taste... I always drink diet coke. And usually tesco own...mmm.

ReputationRep:
    I can tell the difference - regular coke makes my teeth feel sort of 'soft' on the surface for a bit - it's a really strange feeling! So yes, I can tell the difference and I drink diet coke.

ReputationRep:
    I can tell the difference and I prefer Diet Coke to be honest, Coke makes me feel sick as it's too sweet. It's the same as you can tell the difference between Pepsi and Coke (Pepsi being less sweet)

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure if I actually drank both in quick succession, I'd be able to notice a difference; however, as that's never happened, then I imagine that I'd be pretty clueless if served one or the other and asked to say which one it is

ReputationRep:
    i can and prefer the normal coke

ReputationRep:
    My option isn't on there. I can tell there is a difference, but can't tell you which is which :p:

I drink diet coke on its own, but vodka and coke (mostly out of laziness, quicker just to say coke!)

ReputationRep:
    Regular coke is bleuuuurgh. I drink diet coke purely because it tastes so much nicer.

Can't tell the diff. between coke zero and diet coke though o.0

ReputationRep:
    Coke is better but I drink diet unless with vodka.

ReputationRep:
    I can't taste the difference, its just that regular coke gives me the hiccups so I drink diet coke instead.

ReputationRep:
    I can tell the difference and prefer Diet Coke. Regular Coke is far too sweet and gassy for my liking. I'll drink it if there's nothing else though.

My favourite Coke flavour is Cherry atm.

ReputationRep:
    I can tell the difference though if I'm honest, although I prefer normal (diet has a strange aftertaste to it) I still prefer fanta

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I've seen a girl drink anything other diet coke when it comes to fizzy drinks..

ReputationRep:
    Pepsi is much better then both of em

ReputationRep:
    I can taste the difference. Regular Cola because Diet coke give me an absolutely horrible headache.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    Can you tell the difference between Coca Cola and Diet Coke, and which do you prefer to drink?

Options:

1. I can tell the difference, and I drink Coca Cola
    2. I can tell the difference, and I drink Diet Coke
    3. I can tell the difference, and I have no preference
    4. I can't tell the difference, but I drink Coca Cola
    5. I can't tell the difference, but I drink Diet Coke
    6. I can't tell the difference, and I have no preference
    I think I could tell the difference in taste, but even if I couldn't I can definitely tell that regular coca-cola leaves a horrible gritty feeling on my teeth which I presume is from all the sugar(?), and diet coke doesn't have this effect.

For this reason I always choose diet coke. I don't mind the taste of regular coke though.

ReputationRep:
    Regular Coke ftw

ReputationRep:
    I used to drink regular Coke but all that sugar is so bad for you, I just have Diet now...:excited: All the same to me.

ReputationRep:
    I can taste the difference and drink diet. Less sugary taste and better for you. Wiiiiiiiin :yy:

ReputationRep:
    diet coke is zom

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.