Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can you tell the difference between Coca Cola and Diet Coke? Which do you prefer? Watch

• View Poll Results: Can you tell the difference between Coca Cola and Diet Boke? Which do you prefer?
    I can tell the difference, and I drink Coca Cola
    45.98%
    I can tell the difference, and I drink Diet Coke
    38.31%
    I can tell the difference, and I have no preference
    5.75%
    I can't tell the difference, but I drink Coca Cola
    1.53%
    I can't tell the difference, but I drink Diet Coke
    3.45%
    I can't tell the difference, and I have no preference
    4.98%

ReputationRep:
    Regular coke is pretty nasty - that might just be a psychological thing because I know how many calories it has

Coke zero alll the way

ReputationRep:
    I can tell the difference. Regular coke is awful, makes me feel sick. Think its the sugar. My favourite is coke zero, but usually drink diet coke.

ReputationRep:
    Coke Zero ftw. Can't tell the difference between Coke Zero and regular, but I can between Diet and regular.

ReputationRep:
    I love diet coke, makes my life (L)

ReputationRep:
    Diet Coke makes me want to throw up.

Coca Cola for life. <3<3<3<3<3<3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YoSuis)
    Regular coke is pretty nasty - that might just be a psychological thing because I know how many calories it has

Coke zero alll the way
    Not that many calories in Coke, but there is a hell of a lot of sugar (60% intake in 500ml)

ReputationRep:
    I can tell the difference between coke and diet coke, but i can hardly tell the difference between coke and coke zero. i always go for diet coke though, i prefer it both on taste and calorie content

ReputationRep:
    I can tell the difference, so I drink Coke Zero.

ReputationRep:
    Yes you can tell the difference, Diet Coke tastes disgusting as it is much sweeter and has less fizz. I think the sweetners that they put in to replace the sugar are actually worse for you than proper sugar...its a con really.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer Diet Coke, I find Regular Coke disgusting since I started drinking diet.

ReputationRep:
    Diet coke is nasty...

ReputationRep:
    There is a massive difference! One word of warning about diet coke and coke zero (a freind told me they are literally indentical, I've never tried zero), they are extremely acidic so you prob want to rinse after or use a straw to avoid your teeth dissolving.

ReputationRep:
    I love diet, real coke is just sickly and leaves a residue on my teeth, I would take diet coke over its more fatty counterpart any day, although if pepsi is in the room then it is a whole different matter.

ReputationRep:
    Diet coke tastes like the head of a beer (obv without the alcohol taste). Just that kinda of foamy taste

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    I can tell the difference, so I drink Coke Zero.
    Can you tell the difference between diet coke and coke zero?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerlifter)
    Can you tell the difference between diet coke and coke zero?
    I always find Coke Zero tastes alot more like cola bottle sweets (cf diet and regular coke)

ReputationRep:
    Coca Cola is much better.

ReputationRep:
    i don't see the point in diet coke
    if you're going to drink unhealthy soft drinks why not go for the one that actually tastes nice

ReputationRep:
    i can tell the difference and drink coca cola

diet coke is nasty

ReputationRep:
    I think there's a very noticable difference. Don't like either really, but I'd rather regular over diet if it came down to it.

I hate the coke you get out of taps, eurgh

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.