Turn on thread page Beta

Can you tell the difference between Coca Cola and Diet Coke? Which do you prefer? watch

• View Poll Results: Can you tell the difference between Coca Cola and Diet Boke? Which do you prefer?
    I can tell the difference, and I drink Coca Cola
    45.98%
    I can tell the difference, and I drink Diet Coke
    38.31%
    I can tell the difference, and I have no preference
    5.75%
    I can't tell the difference, but I drink Coca Cola
    1.53%
    I can't tell the difference, but I drink Diet Coke
    3.45%
    I can't tell the difference, and I have no preference
    4.98%

ReputationRep:
    I can tell the difference and prefer to drink diet coke. I have always hated the taste of normal coke.

But I prefer pepsi max to diet coke

ReputationRep:
    I like Diet Coke, I can definitely tell the difference between the two. I find regular Coke is far too strong and sugary for my liking, but I'll drink it if that is all that is on offer, or if it is mixed with vodka.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thepieofpie)
    There is a massive difference! One word of warning about diet coke and coke zero (a freind told me they are literally indentical, I've never tried zero), they are extremely acidic so you prob want to rinse after or use a straw to avoid your teeth dissolving.
    Teeth don't dissolve after one can, so thats illogical. Happens with ALL fizzy juice in time though

ReputationRep:
    I dare not ever drink diet coke.

Not a massive fan of coke as it is.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer Pepsi (though Diet Pepsi is :nn:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    Can you tell the difference between Coca Cola and Diet Coke, and which do you prefer to drink?

Options:

1. I can tell the difference, and I drink Coca Cola
    2. I can tell the difference, and I drink Diet Coke
    3. I can tell the difference, and I have no preference
    4. I can't tell the difference, but I drink Coca Cola
    5. I can't tell the difference, but I drink Diet Coke
    6. I can't tell the difference, and I have no preference

I DRINK a lot of coke, its just one of those things about me.
    Iknow its bad bla bla.. but cocoa cola is slightly more peppery, it doesnt have as much froth and leaves a sweet aftertaste.

Diet coke, has a less sugary taste, more froth and doesnt leave as much as a strong aftertaste.

ReputationRep:
    I can tell the difference. I prefer normal to diet but it can be too much sugar, makes me hyper. I used to drink pepsi max but now I don't really like it. It's normal pepsi that I'd chose every time. I always drink it with a straw though.

ReputationRep:
    There is a massive difference! One word of warning about diet coke and coke zero (a freind told me they are literally indentical, I've never tried zero), they are extremely acidic so you prob want to rinse after or use a straw to avoid your teeth dissolving.
    You and your friend are inferior in usage to these

ReputationRep:
    Diet Coke's less bitter.

Thus, inestimably better.

ReputationRep:
    I find it mad that some people can't tell the difference. A little off topic, but I remember this one time a women came into our school who was convinced that most people can't tell the difference between coke and pepsi, and claimed it's all psychological. However after a quick experiment where students had to guess whether they were drinking coke or pepsi from a unlabeled cup, it turned out that most people can differentiate between the two pretty well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DMed)
    I can tell the difference and I prefer Diet Coke to be honest, Coke makes me feel sick as it's too sweet. It's the same as you can tell the difference between Pepsi and Coke (Pepsi being less sweet)
    Really? I've always found Diet Coke and Pepsi to be sweeter than regular Coke. I reckon it's probably just the same stuff in different packaging and we're just forced into thinking it's all different stuff. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    i dont drink or eat extremely chemical and harmful stuff like cokes!
    Beware "them"...

ReputationRep:
    I can tell the difference, I like Coca Cola but it kinda leaves a gritty feeling on my teeth - its really weird, I hardly have it, maybe at Mcdonalds when they think I have asked for Coca Cola but have asked for Diet Coke!

Diet Coke, oh its the best drink...mmmmm. I drink it morning, day and night!! No not really, only day and night!

ReputationRep:
    Totally irrelevant, but Pepsi Max is the best

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I can, but now I'm a supermarket brand critic because it's cheaper. Obviously real Coke and Pepsi beat all of these.

In ascending order of quality, these are the ones that I've tasted:

Co-op, Morrisons, Tesco, Sainsbury's, Champion (French), SPAR. Never tried Asda.

ReputationRep:
    It's like tasting normal sugar in your tea and the fake stuff. It's got a different taste.

ReputationRep:
    Can't tell the difference, But I always go for diet coke because of the calories.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura_f_1990)
    Teeth don't dissolve after one can, so thats illogical. Happens with ALL fizzy juice in time though
    Lol I didn't mean after one can! And yea all carbonated drinks are acidic due to the carbonic acid but I think I read somewhere that diet coke is worse than most due to the presence of phosphoric acid.

ReputationRep:
    i cant tell the difference at all!
    most of my friends can though so it must just be my weak weak tastebuds....

ReputationRep:
    Lol I didn't mean after one can! And yea all carbonated drinks are acidic due to the carbonic acid but I think I read somewhere that diet coke is worse than most due to the presence of phosphoric acid.
    I know. Just clarifying. They're all bad in some way or another...

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.