Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can you tell the difference between Coca Cola and Diet Coke? Which do you prefer? Watch

• View Poll Results: Can you tell the difference between Coca Cola and Diet Boke? Which do you prefer?
    I can tell the difference, and I drink Coca Cola
    45.98%
    I can tell the difference, and I drink Diet Coke
    38.31%
    I can tell the difference, and I have no preference
    5.75%
    I can't tell the difference, but I drink Coca Cola
    1.53%
    I can't tell the difference, but I drink Diet Coke
    3.45%
    I can't tell the difference, and I have no preference
    4.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerlifter)
    Can you tell the difference between diet coke and coke zero?
    Absolutely. I hate diet coke. It tastes really bitter in comparison to Coke Zero.

ReputationRep:
    I can tell the difference between all types of coke.

I prefer none of them because none of them are exactly amazing for your teeth and I'm hoping to become a Dentist.

ReputationRep:
    I can tell the difference. I drink regular Coke. But I guess it depends on what you drank first

ReputationRep:
    Yes, of course I ******* can, anyone who can't is a bit retarded tbh

I prefer coca cola but I drink diet or zero

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    Yes, of course I ******* can, anyone who can't is a bit retarded tbh

I prefer coca cola but I drink diet or zero
    That's kind of harsh... we can't exactly help our taste buds!

There's an experiment to see if people like/dislike brussel sprouts by seeing how many taste buds they had in a small area on their tongue. The ones who had more taste buds disliked the sprouts, whereas those with less don't. The same probably applies to those who cannot tell the difference between coke and diet coke.

ReputationRep:
    Diet Coke tastes way worse than normal Coke but I'd rather drink it 'cause of the lower sugar content.
    Anyway, water all the way. Any Coke isn't healthy.

ReputationRep:
    I can tell the difference and I drink Diet Coke.
    The taste of regular Coke is not bad, but what really gets me is just that coating of sugar it seems to leave on your teeth after you've had some. Yeeeech. I'll take Diet Coke every time if I'm choosing, but if someone gave me some normal Coke I'd still drink it.

(Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    I can tell the difference between all the Coke varities. TBH, regular Coke is disgusting now I have been living on Coke Zero and Diet Coke for 2 years! :eek3:

Also, is it true McDonalds have phased out Coke Zero? Everytime I ask for my "can I have a medium Coke Zero Pwease" I get an offer for Diet Coke instead? :rolleyes:
    Coke Zero is a re-branding of Diet Coke. I know because I've been to one of their factories.

ReputationRep:
    I can definitely tell the difference... I probably prefer the taste of coke, but mostly drink diet coke.
    except recently I've pretty much been switching over to coke zero (which I can aslo distinguish from the others btw!).

ReputationRep:
    I never really drink either but I prefer diet coke...normal coke tastes sort of syrupy and leaves a horrible feeling on your teeth afterwards

ReputationRep:
    :yes:

Cola is so much more acidic than Diet Cola and makes me burp. It probably depends whether or not you drink either on a regular basis to be able to tell the difference.

That's how it is for me with water. I drink about a crate of bottled water a day :eek3: and when I drank a glass of tap water in England there was a big difference in taste.

Diet Pepsi or water

ReputationRep:
    I can tell the difference, and I drink Diet Coke.
    Fat coke is digusting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K the Failure)
    Coke Zero is a re-branding of Diet Coke. I know because I've been to one of their factories.
    Coke Zero is marketed towards the men, Diet Coke towards women. Ditto the difference between Pepsi Max and Diet Pepsi.

The taste of Coke Zero is better than Diet Coke for sure, and Diet Coke seems more bloating. However, they both beat Coke into oblivion, I just cannot enjoy drinking sickly 35g of sugar (half your daily allowance).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No.666)
    I can tell the difference. Regular coke tastes better but i drink diet coke if i'm drinking coke usually.
    Unless it's with vodka, then i drink regular.
    I would have thought that you would be drinking diet coke with vodka, as the vodka taste is so strong you wont really be tasting the coke that much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin J)
    I would have thought that you would be drinking diet coke with vodka, as the vodka taste is so strong you wont really be tasting the coke that much.

You thought wrong.
    After the first few i forget the word diet anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I can tell a difference, diet tastes nicer.

ReputationRep:
    I can tell the difference, and I drink Coca Cola.

I used to drink Diet Coke, and then one time I had a "normal" Coke and just prefer it by miles. I try to stay away from it though, for the pure reason it is full of sugar. But if I get a drink of Coke, I get normal Coca Cola, and not Diet Coke anymore.

ReputationRep:
    They're unbelievably different, I hate diet coke :yucky: plus it's got aspartame in it :nn:

ReputationRep:
    yeah. of course i can tell the difference. i'd prefer coke but i don't drink either

ReputationRep:
    I prefer coke but generally drink diet to save on calories

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.