Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

how many calories would you burn playing badminton ? watch

ReputationRep:
    i play badminton most days for a about 2 hours , how many calories would this burn?/ is it good exersize?

ReputationRep:
    Depending on how you play it can be good cardiovascular exercise but wont do much for your muscles (barring endurance). At least, in my experience of it

ReputationRep:
    There are alot of variables, how good you are, your style of play, intensity played at, the way you move and read the game, singles/doubles, all will affect how much effort you expend. Personally I move about relatively little, prefering to control the points or at least playing shots to put me into a controlling position as soon as possible, where as a friend I used to play with alot would happily run all over the court to chase points down and was more of a scrappy player, very hard to beat though. In general I would say its a great form of exercise though so as long as you enjoy it keep it up.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.