Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    it was sooo hard
    i neva actually broke up with her she called me last nite and was explaining how things in her life are hard and shes scared....turned out she started selling drugs like 2 months ago
    i told her i wanted to support her and help her through everything she said she just wants to have a break for a while to put everything into perspective. i asked how long that would take she sed she didnt know.

i cried for like 2 hours straight after the phone call. i cant stop thinking about her she was my first gf and i couldnt ask for anyone better. She said that we can still be friends and when she sorts things out we can get back together ... :cry:

anyone know what i should do ??

ReputationRep:
    She has an issue with drink and she started dealing drugs... If you don't want better then, wow.

There's not a lot you can do, apart from stay friends, or:

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Stay away for a few months.

It is a test of her character. If she is strong enough, she will pull through and come out a nice balanced person. If not, she will carry on the way she is and be stuck in the dirt for a long time.

Give her a break to find herself again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    She has an issue with drink and she started dealing drugs... If you don't want better then, wow.
    well i love her
    i dont how im going to be able to move on.
    no one else wud ever like me. me and her just sort off connected.

(Original post by LJBzzz)
    Stay away for a few months.

It is a test of her character. If she is strong enough, she will pull through and come out a nice balanced person. If not, she will carry on the way she is and be stuck in the dirt for a long time.

Give her a break to find herself again
    yh ill try to do that
    its gonna be hard for me though

ReputationRep:
    Let her get on with it, she's falling into a bad bad circle and from the sounds of things, she doesn't want you to go down with her. Just try and help her out of it as much as you can

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)
    Let her get on with it, she's falling into a bad bad circle and from the sounds of things, she doesn't want you to go down with her. Just try and help her out of it as much as you can
    she said she needs time to put things into perspective ..
    i dont know what that means.
    we were in a Long Distance Relationship it was hard and turns out shes coming to visit me tomorrow ... i think ill see her we can sit down and talk about everything ..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taz92)
    well i love her
    i dont how im going to be able to move on.
    no one else wud ever like me. me and her just sort off connected.

You are 16-17, you will get over it very quickly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChunkymunkyDJC)
    i wont be able to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChunkymunkyDJC)
    That sig is 100% fake btw

ReputationRep:
    'course u wont find a better gf, lets be honest she gave u all ur kicks and drugs :p: cant get any better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR.PINK)
    'course u wont find a better gf, lets be honest she gave u all ur kicks and drugs :p: cant get any better
    it aint funny .. idiot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meus)
    That sig is 100% fake btw
    :holmes: Sherlock is on the case :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    :yes: Damn right

ReputationRep:
    trust me mate the first girlfriend is always the hardest.

Its the most cliche saying ever but there are plenty more fish in the sea.

bit of time and when you meet someone new you wont be bothered at all and know its for the best

chin up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jesty)
    trust me mate the first girlfriend is always the hardest.

Its the most cliche saying ever but there are plenty more fish in the sea.

bit of time and when you meet someone new you wont be bothered at all and know its for the best

chin up!
    well tbh i dont see why any girl would like me in the first place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khodu)
    Op, heartbreak is just one of those things that you go through in life. It'll be over soon, just go out with some mad friends or sit at home and eat lots of ice cream and chocolate. I know what I'd do. Don't cry over these things, there are people out there that'd die for something that you have... Be grateful
    thing is we were planning on gettin married. Her uncle is a mosque teacher and he was sorting things out. My dads a mosque teacher aswell but he never knew bout her. Thing is i still have hope that shell change she said she just wants some time to think and put everything into perspective.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taz92)
    thing is we were planning on gettin married. Her uncle is a mosque teacher and he was sorting things out. My dads a mosque teacher aswell but he never knew bout her. Thing is i still have hope that shell change she said she just wants some time to think and put everything into perspective.

How do you know that there isn't a better girl out there for you, it's just meant to be. If you really like her and viceversa, then it'll happen. I don't wanna sound like an old fashionned fool but if her uncle was a mosque teacher then he should've sorted out her drug issues before even thinking about marriage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taz92)
    well tbh i dont see why any girl would like me in the first place
    woah woah slow down there.

im guessing you are quite young right?

In all honesty there is no look/personality/trait that will stop someone from liking you.

Not to sound patronising but in my extra years (im 24) I have learnt to stop worrying about what people think. We look the way we look and thats it. sure everyone wants to look their best and im the same otheriwse wouldnt do my hair or go to the gym etc but it hits a point where you cant change everything and you will never be perfect. Soon as you realise that your golden

Most women like a guy with at least a small amount of confidence and self worth. Things are always easier with a positive attitude to life so focus on going out making friends etc and girlfriends will come and go. I was with my first GF for three years and was the same as you, we would break up (several times) and id be destraught and never thought id meet anyone ever again!

sure enough 3/4 years on I regret wasting so much time thinking that. I have had girlfriends since and will in the future. dont be a matyr and down, be your self and friends and girlfriends will come!

soem cheesy stuff there but I wish i could go back a few years and slap myself round the face!!! haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jesty)
    woah woah slow down there.

im guessing you are quite young right?

In all honesty there is no look/personality/trait that will stop someone from liking you.

Not to sound patronising but in my extra years (im 24) I have learnt to stop worrying about what people think. We look the way we look and thats it. sure everyone wants to look their best and im the same otheriwse wouldnt do my hair or go to the gym etc but it hits a point where you cant change everything and you will never be perfect. Soon as you realise that your golden

Most women like a guy with at least a small amount of confidence and self worth. Things are always easier with a positive attitude to life so focus on going out making friends etc and girlfriends will come and go. I was with my first GF for three years and was the same as you, we would break up (several times) and id be destraught and never thought id meet anyone ever again!

sure enough 3/4 years on I regret wasting so much time thinking that. I have had girlfriends since and will in the future. dont be a matyr and down, be your self and friends and girlfriends will come!

soem cheesy stuff there but I wish i could go back a few years and slap myself round the face!!! haha
    yh but i know that me and my gf can make it work. She said shes Scared she said that she cant sell drugs one day and then the next just go back to a normal life. She was crying soo much on the phone it hurt me. I told her to let it out and she told me everything thats been going on and well i REALLY dont think any girls right for me

and umm were both 18,

(Original post by Khodu)
    How do you know that there isn't a better girl out there for you, it's just meant to be. If you really like her and viceversa, then it'll happen. I don't wanna sound like an old fashionned fool but if her uncle was a mosque teacher then he should've sorted out her drug issues before even thinking about marriage.
    thats the thing she hasnt told any1 in her family about it shes only told me. I told her to talk to someone in her family but she never has.

ReputationRep:
    It's going to be gut-wrenchingly difficult but you'll have to cut all contact for a few months at least.
    It'll bruise you for a while but things will get better, trust me. After you've had a chance to calm down and put things into perspective re-think. Do you still love her? Does she want to sort out her problems and are you able to help her.

Try and find a distraction, go out with your friends, start a project, focus on something else and you'd be surprised how much better you'll feel in a while.

Good luck

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 10, 2009
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.