Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taz92)
    yh but i know that me and my gf can make it work. She said shes Scared she said that she cant sell drugs one day and then the next just go back to a normal life. She was crying soo much on the phone it hurt me. I told her to let it out and she told me everything thats been going on and well i REALLY dont think any girls right for me

and umm were both 18,

thats the thing she hasnt told any1 in her family about it shes only told me. I told her to talk to someone in her family but she never has.
    There is plenty of girls out there so dont let it seem like you have no choice.

I would say if there is any doubt of your future with her then just end it now. Just because she has issues it doesnt mean you should ruin your happyness for her. its harsh but I had an ex that was suicidal and I didnt leave her through worries of what she would do but in the long run why make yourself unhappy for the sake of another person.

just have some thinking time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sundogs)
    It's going to be gut-wrenchingly difficult but you'll have to cut all contact for a few months at least.
    It'll bruise you for a while but things will get better, trust me. After you've had a chance to calm down and put things into perspective re-think. Do you still love her? Does she want to sort out her problems and are you able to help her.

Try and find a distraction, go out with your friends, start a project, focus on something else and you'd be surprised how much better you'll feel in a while.

Good luck
    i was just on the phone to her and well she said that she just needs some time to have a clear head and then when she sorts herself out we can get back together. She said she talked to two of her friends and they both said that she needs to sort herself out first then maybe we can get backtogether. She also said that we can end it and still be friends. But i told her that i cant move down from loving her to just being friends im still going to look at her in a different way.

But i guess that in the long run a break would be good for her make her think about whats happening and maybe she can sort herself out. and hopefully we can get back together.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taz92)
    i was just on the phone to her and well she said that she just needs some time to have a clear head and then when she sorts herself out we can get back together. She said she talked to two of her friends and they both said that she needs to sort herself out first then maybe we can get backtogether. She also said that we can end it and still be friends. But i told her that i cant move down from loving her to just being friends im still going to look at her in a different way.

But i guess that in the long run a break would be good for her make her think about whats happening and maybe she can sort herself out. and hopefully we can get back together.

Absolutely.
    I really do feel for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sundogs)
    Absolutely.
    I really do feel for you
    thanks
    its still going to be hard for me
    and well shes coming to birmingham tomorrow so should i do it in person or over the phone as were both still really confused.

and another thing
    do any of you guys know how i can get through to my gf and get her to stop selling drugs ??

ReputationRep:
    Go round and see her.
    Don't **** about with phones and the internet.

If you really mean that you want to help her through things, go round there, have a heart to heart with her, hold her and let her know you aren't going anywhere.

If you don't really mean it stay away. There's nothing worse than a false promise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    Go round and see her.
    Don't **** about with phones and the internet.

If you really mean that you want to help her through things, go round there, have a heart to heart with her, hold her and let her know you aren't going anywhere.

If you don't really mean it stay away. There's nothing worse than a false promise.
    thats what i want to do i asked her if we can talk in person tomorrow but she and i both know that it will be harder. I mean everything i said to her about me wanting to help her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taz92)
    thats what i want to do i asked her if we can talk in person tomorrow but she and i both know that it will be harder. I mean everything i said to her about me wanting to help her.
    If you decide you want to stick around it'll be hard on both of you. Don't disapear in the middle of things. That's about the worst thing you could do.

I can tell you for nothing if my g/f had that much stuff going on in her life i'd be round there like a shot to help her sort through things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taz92)
    thanks
    its still going to be hard for me
    and well shes coming to birmingham tomorrow so should i do it in person or over the phone as were both still really confused.

and another thing
    do any of you guys know how i can get through to my gf and get her to stop selling drugs ??

these things are always better in person (a million times more difficult but always best). Go into town and meet.

I'm afraid I can't answer your 2nd question. I'm so sorry, the only thing I can think of is shock tactics: tell her family

ReputationRep:
    I think you two breaking up could be a good insentive for her to get her act together, which will mean you giving her some space. I know it'll be hard but if she wants to get back together when she's sorted out, it'll be worth it! I think it's down to her friends to help her if you don't think you can be her friend. At least you know she still loves you and this won't be forever!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taz92)
    it aint funny .. idiot
    ahh, sorry, but comon u started 2 threads about how ur gf is a pothead, and another thread (this one) about how u broke up cuz she SELLS pot? hmm not wierd at all, what a coincidence a really random word comes to mind, something like T and ROll ing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 99 Red Balloons)
    I think you two breaking up could be a good insentive for her to get her act together, which will mean you giving her some space. I know it'll be hard but if she wants to get back together when she's sorted out, it'll be worth it! I think it's down to her friends to help her if you don't think you can be her friend. At least you know she still loves you and this won't be forever!
    yh were currently on a break while she thinks about things and then in a few days tim were going to sit down and talk about it all.

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut: She sells drugs? Lucky escape mate, even I wouldn't go there tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taz92)
    it was sooo hard
    i neva actually broke up with her she called me last nite and was explaining how things in her life are hard and shes scared....turned out she started selling drugs like 2 months ago
    i told her i wanted to support her and help her through everything she said she just wants to have a break for a while to put everything into perspective. i asked how long that would take she sed she didnt know.

i cried for like 2 hours straight after the phone call. i cant stop thinking about her she was my first gf and i couldnt ask for anyone better. She said that we can still be friends and when she sorts things out we can get back together ... :cry:

anyone know what i should do ??
    lol i cried, dude it was never never gonna last, its just teenage stuff nothing more

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 10, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.