Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Seat belts - do you always wear one? Watch

• View Poll Results: Do you always wear a seat belt?
    Yes
    95.29%
    No
    4.35%
    Not fitted but I would
    0%
    Not fitted and I wouldn't
    0%
    I'm medically exempt
    0.36%

ReputationRep:
    Only if im going on the motorway or a long drive I consider to have greater risk than a normal drive. Im so used to not wearing one, at work we dont bother, are in and out of vehicles all day long, you dont bother for such short journeys, then come to go home and forget as well. I know its a terrible habbit, and has cost me £30 not too long ago, plus the passenger got fined £30 for not wearing hers.

ReputationRep:
    Yup, always wear a seatbelt when in a car. I don't always bother in coaches, though, which is probably daft.

Also, my car has 8 seats but only 2 seatbelts. So anyone in the back can't wear them. I probably should get round to fitting some.

ReputationRep:
    Always, better safe than sorry.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, always.

ReputationRep:
    In a car, yes always, driving or passenger. On a coach, never.

ReputationRep:
    I always wear one. And if people are passengers in our car, we make them wear them. Public transport, or other people's cars..I still wear one even if nobody else does.

I'm in the minority though, most people over here don't wear one, especially if they're sitting in the back. *shrugs* dunno why..

ReputationRep:
    Plane, car, coach, school minibus - always

ReputationRep:
    Yup, always. Silly not to.

ReputationRep:
    Wat kinda fool dont wear a seat belt when they are driving.

ReputationRep:
    It's a matter of habit - I occasionally find myself on a bus reaching for the seatbelt even if it isn't fitted.

"Clunk, click, every trip" - we were shown these videos in primary school as part of a road safety thing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhYwE...eature=related

ReputationRep:
    Pretty silly question, of course I do - why wouldn't you, when all you have to do is click it in and you instantly have a much greater chance of survival/avoiding injury if the vehicle crashes?

ReputationRep:
    Always.

When I was younger my mum would make me wear a seatbelt but then not wear one herself. After asking why she would say "The steering wheel will stop me". I think she was fobbing me off to get her off a difficult question.

ReputationRep:
    I always wear my seatbelt in cars and deffo when im driving..my mum makes sure of that when she co drives me! haha. I never seem to wear one in buses though.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.