Turn on thread page Beta

16 and never had a serious relationship watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kjoshi)
    Because you're stressin about nothing!
    Fair enough (: lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aliceeee :))
    Okay, so as it says in the title, i've never had a relationship before. Is this strange? All of my friends seem to have had many and everywhere I look, people seem to be in a couple. What to you guys think? (:
    Im 21 and ive never had a serious relationship, doesn't bother me in the slightest :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ohhhh Noooooooeeesss!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure that in threads titled, "x and never had a serious relationship" etc, the value of x decreases exponentially...

I didn't have a serious relationship until 17, which I'm still in a year and 2 months later, but I didn't even expect this to happen; I expected to maybe go the first year or 2 of uni without one.

It's completely and absolutely normal, and doesn't matter to anyone at all.

ReputationRep:
    My first one was at 16 and even now (at 17/18) quite a lot of my friends are to have their first....

ReputationRep:
    I never had my proper serious relationship till I was 16/17 and im 20 now going on 21. Quite a few of my friends havent even had a relationship, let alone a serious one and they arnt even too bothered about it. Chill Out and have fun and if someone comes then someones comes, if not then minor being single is fun anyway :p:

ReputationRep:
    You are 16. I'd had relationships before that age but they were completely not serious. In fact, they were a complete waste of time. I think the majority of people have little school playground relationships when they are young, but they really don't mean much. Obviously I know that some people do meet their childhood sweethearts at 15 or whatever, but hardly anybody stays with their pre-16 partner for any length of time. I really don't think that you are missing out on much!

You are completely and utterly normal, you have nothing to worry about. You have plenty of time to meet somebody

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so as it says in the title, i've never had a relationship before. Is this strange? All of my friends seem to have had many and everywhere I look, people seem to be in a couple. What to you guys think? (:
    16 is still young. I started my very first relationship when was 17... and we are still together 2 years later

ReputationRep:
    Relax 16 is so young and at that age it can't really be serious anyway. You have plenty of time!

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough... thanks guys

(Original post by zafaru123)
    17 and never had a relationship (never mind serious)
    ditto.

ReputationRep:
    i was 21 before i ever had anything serious...stop worrying :/

ReputationRep:
    Cheer up. I didn't have a proper girlfriend until I was 18, and even now my longest relationship is 3 months lol.
    It does kind of bother me, but I'm just enjoying my life atm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x.Crystal.x)
    Im 21 and ive never had a serious relationship, doesn't bother me in the slightest :p:
    This

I mean, I've had flings, seen people and all that. But nothing that I'd call serious, admittedly because of my own commitment issues, but whatever.

ReputationRep:
    Alice, it's MUCH better to be happily single than in a couple...there's always drama with couples...
    You're beautiful, so flirt and have fun! Being tied down sucks. You've got another 60 odd years yet to be in a serious relationship. I just don't get the rush to have relationships?! I absolutely LOVE being single!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone (:
    I know I sound quite silly but everyone seems to be a 'happy couple'.
    Review this in a few months. Chances are very few will still be together. I'm almost 18, and a lot of happy couples I know have since parted ways. You have the rest of your life to worry about this, so relax!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zafaru123)
    17 and never had a relationship (never mind serious)

heh. exact same scenario here but I'm 18

ReputationRep:
    Urm, i am 22 and never had a serious relationship, so no you are fine . I do get the 'everyone seems to be in happy couples' thing though. I am sure you will find someone special when you are ready. x

ReputationRep:
    17 here and never had a gf, ah well, if you really want you could get one, same here, just chillax.

ReputationRep:
    Lolol, see my profile, or just do a search.

And no, me neither. I'm 19. I haven't even had a casual relationship.
    I think at 16 you're too young to know what serious is anyway.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 18, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.