Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

16 and never had a serious relationship watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    no its ok youre still young

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aliceeee :))
    Okay, so as it says in the title, i've never had a relationship before. Is this strange? All of my friends seem to have had many and everywhere I look, people seem to be in a couple. What to you guys think? (:
    Don't worry, I used to feel exactly the same at your age - all my mates were in long(ish) term relationships and it seemed like I was the only single one. 3 years on, I still haven't been a serious relationship, but it doesn't actually bother me anymore. Looking around at how some of the supposedly serious relationships have ended up has made me realise it makes more sense to just enjoy yourself and not get too serious until the right person comes along - don't go looking for something special, let it find you

ReputationRep:
    i think i know why UK has such high teenage pregnancy rate!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmashingPumpkins)
    Don't worry, I used to feel exactly the same at your age - all my mates were in long(ish) term relationships and it seemed like I was the only single one. 3 years on, I still haven't been a serious relationship, but it doesn't actually bother me anymore. Looking around at how some of the supposedly serious relationships have ended up has made me realise it makes more sense to just enjoy yourself and not get too serious until the right person comes along - don't go looking for something special, let it find you
    FINALLY - someone talks sense.

ReputationRep:
    I fail too see the problem.

ReputationRep:
    im 17 and never had a relationship, i wouldnt worry.

ReputationRep:
    You're 16. Plenty of time for that stuff to happen. Stop stressing about it and enjoy being young =) .

20 & neva had one- get over it

ReputationRep:
    I had my first relationship when I was 19, and don't regret being single until then! Enjoy the freedom while you can!
    And judging by your photo on your profile, you won't have to wait too long until you get some attention

ReputationRep:
    You're 16 ffs, I'm 19 and I've never been anywhere near the terms "serious" or "long term" when it comes to relationships.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowsgoquack)
    omg relly? lmao, I thht my frend who didnt lose her virginity til 16 was bad. haha thats pretty much [email protected]
    *facepalm*

Now we know why there are so many kinderwhores and pregnant teens around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cultivated)
    You're 16 ffs, I'm 19 and I've never been anywhere near the terms "serious" or "long term" when it comes to relationships.
    yes 16 is very young and 19 is still quite young too. if you get to 23 or 24 and things are the same, i would be worried but right now, dont worry and get on with your life.

ReputationRep:
    I despise you.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to assume this is a joke, and give a nonchalant 'lol'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    I'm going to assume this is a joke, and give a nonchalant 'lol'.
    Thats what I was thinking also.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aliceeee :))
    Okay, so as it says in the title, i've never had a relationship before. Is this strange? All of my friends seem to have had many and everywhere I look, people seem to be in a couple. What to you guys think? (:
    mehhh thats nothing
    at school i felt like i was the only one in your situation,
    but at sixth form i quickly realised this wasnt the case!

ReputationRep:
    Slow down, you have the rest of your life for serious relationships. At 16, what is so serious about a relationship anyway?

ReputationRep:
    Why would you want to get serious at 16?!?!?!?!
    Have some casuallll funnnnn!
    Jeeeezzz I'm not getting serious till 30ish.

ReputationRep:
    trolling and fishing for compliments at the same time. nearly got me there

ReputationRep:
    I didn't have my first relationship till I was 17, second when I was nearly 19, the current one I started when I was 19, and still going now I'm 20 =) So no, not odd...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 18, 2009
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.