Turn on thread page Beta

16 and never had a serious relationship watch

ReputationRep:
    im 18 and never had a serious relationship. Big deal?

ReputationRep:
    I'm 21 and never had a proper relationship. Who cares?

OP is an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aliceeee :))
    Okay, so as it says in the title, i've never had a relationship before. Is this strange? All of my friends seem to have had many and everywhere I look, people seem to be in a couple. What to you guys think? (:
    I'm 17 and never had a serious relationship myself so I guess it is normal.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 20 and have never had any children. Is this normal??? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    So many threads about this.
    I'm 17, never had a relationship. It doesn't bother me, there's plenty of time yet!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah im 16 too and havent had a serious relationship. No biggie... chill theres plenty of time.

(Original post by zafaru123)
    17 and never had a relationship (never mind serious)
    Same, and I'm 20 in about 6 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your comments.. I appreciate them all. (:

(Original post by EsStupido)
    I'm 21 and never had a proper relationship. Who cares?

OP is an idiot.
    Well I respect your opinion for thinking that. I'm obviously just young and just see loads of couples and wonder what i'm missing (:

ReputationRep:
    I've never had a relationship and don't care. You shouldn't either.

ReputationRep:
    You shouldnt bother with 'serious' relationships that young anyway, causes a lot of drama
    Its not unusual to have not gone out with people at that age.

I have a mate whos 18 and just gets drunk and fools around with girls, but he never has went out properly with one.

ReputationRep:
    Im 18 and a half and have waited all this time to have a relationship and I don't care that I havent because when I meet someone who I like who likes me back then it will happen. In the meantime ill go out and have fun. Dont have a relationship for the sake of it, which I can guarentee atleast a few of your friends are doing. Its a waste of time and emotions. I must admit though I am a bit scared about what to do, in terms of dating as I havent a clue how to handle arguments or when to text or ring. But hopefully ill just instinctivly know. I do wish id had one when I was young because the next one I have could be serious.

Anyway...its perfectly normal and sensible.

ReputationRep:
    Cool, cheers (:

That is seriously not normal. Freak.

ReputationRep:
    You've got at least 60-70 years left to live, unless someone kills you for asking stupid questions.

ReputationRep:
    wow this makes me feel better about my own lacking romantic success thanks OP and everyone else
    on a completely unrelated topic you are very pretty and should have no problem finding a nice lad when you are ready

ReputationRep:
    this is the stupidest thing ever. be a kid ffs. "never had a serious relationship", are you fcking kidding me? you would not cope. nor would any other 16 year old. not even when you're in your 20s is it easy to have a serious relationship.

i hate this generation.

ReputationRep:
    and what's with the obsession with relationships? firstly, love yourself, otherwise you will come across as a co-dependant, needy, clingy, immature cockroach..

you will only form a true relationship if you love yourself. and no teenager loves themselves fyi.

(Original post by epleroyk)
    this is the stupidest thing ever. be a kid ffs. "never had a serious relationship", are you fcking kidding me? you would not cope. nor would any other 16 year old. not even when you're in your 20s is it easy to have a serious relationship.

i hate this generation.

I think someone needs to take a breath and count to 10
    Bad day?

ReputationRep:
    I'm 12 in 4 months and I've still haven't got anyone pregnant yet. Is this normal? :confused: :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Not many people have had a serious relationship at 16, and those who think they have, probably haven't lol. I know one person who is genuinely in a serious relationship, the others don't know the meaning of the word. I've never had a serious relationship, and I've got no problem with it - the girls I've been with wanted to keep any relationships physical and I was fine with that Realisticly, there hasn't been a girl worth the time for a proper relationship, and I don't want to enter one on the spur of the moment 'cause in all likelyhood a month later it'll al lend in tears and hormonal stupidness (from both sides lol).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 18, 2009
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.