Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

16 and never had a serious relationship Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aliceeee :))
    Okay, so as it says in the title, i've never had a relationship before. Is this strange? All of my friends seem to have had many and everywhere I look, people seem to be in a couple. What to you guys think? (:
    Well you're only 16.

ReputationRep:
    Dont worry bout it, I was the same!
    I'm sure you'll find someone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terrorfication)
    Whatever your happy with. I know it's a shame letting those good looks go to waste but if you wait until Uni and focus on your studies while playing hard to get then you will enjoy yourself more one you get into a relationship.

I know how your feeling though. Im 15 and never had a relationship and i feel like my huge **** is going to waste http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...es/awesome.gif.

good luck!http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...smilies/bl.gif
    I feel dirty jsut for reading that.
    But yeah, steady on. If you were 43 this may be cause for concern but not now, the idea that you feel bad for not having a soulmate at the age of 14 is laughable....

ReputationRep:
    I'm at the end of this month 19 and never had a relationship "serius" or whatsoever. But this is not normal. But you're 16 and you shouldn't worry.

Hey I'm not bad looking. *shouting*: good-looking virgin med-student out there! Get him before he is old and boring!

ReputationRep:
    I'm 17 and I have yet to have a relationship with a girl I would consider marrying... am I normal.... Of course I am!! Silly question OP, you should get silly answers back!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
    I'm 17 and I have yet to have a relationship with a girl I would consider marrying... am I normal.... Of course I am!! Silly question OP, you should get silly answers back!!!!!

You're only 17? :eyebrow:

Srsly, you have way too many experiences, I'm calling bluff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    You're only 17? :eyebrow:

Srsly, you have way to many experiences, I'm calling bluff.
    I'm a naughty boy with money and I'm 18 in exactly a week. Perfectly normal at least in my crowd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by epleroyk)
    you will only form a true relationship if you love yourself. and no teenager loves themselves fyi.
    i love myself :handkiss:

ReputationRep:
    These threads, no matter how may they number, never fail to make me feel old and lonely!

Feeling hard done by at 16? You ain't had nothing yet!

(Original post by Aliceeee :))
    Okay, so as it says in the title, i've never had a relationship before. Is this strange? All of my friends seem to have had many and everywhere I look, people seem to be in a couple. What to you guys think? (:
    OMG whats wrong with you!???? I never had a serious rship until I was 21! you have loads of time chill out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zafaru123)
    17 and never had a relationship (never mind serious)
    SNAP!! although saying that i'm particularly close to a guy at the mo maybes my relationship status will change

ReputationRep:
    As evidenced with the OP, good looks don't automatically assume relationships as some posters here wrongly believe.

Seriously OP it's only an issue if you make it one. Plenty of people haven't had serious relationships before the age of 20. I'm 18 and haven't had one and it doesn't bother me in the slightest. I'm confident that MOST if not all of the people who post here saying "hey me too" will have had some kind or relationship within the next 5 years (depending on age of course) and when they do they'll be kicking themselves for not enjoying their singlehood or worrying so much.

Just enjoy yourself and have fun and then maybe you'll 'fall' (unintentionally) into a relationship.

Oh and just remember that Katie Holmes was 20 when she had her 'first love.'

ReputationRep:
    You're 16. You litreally have the rest of your life ahead of you and plenty of time for relationships! Quit worrying.

ReputationRep:
    the right time will come SIMPLES

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone (: x

ReputationRep:
    I guess it's different for everyone, i'm 17 and have been in the same relationship since I was 14. But you'll find the right one for you at the right time

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 18, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.