Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone been to Australia? watch

ReputationRep:
    'People arriving in Australia who are required to possess a yellow fever vaccination certificate ' Is this required for people travelling from the UK?

Link: http://www.health.gov.au/internet/ma...ets-yellow.htm

I going to Sydney for two weeks. From your past experience what can you do you Australia?

For someone who has a UK passport and fills in the application for eVisitor (http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/tourist/evisitor/), which is approved is that all that needs to be done entry requirement?

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    When I went to Sydney about 6 years ago all I needed was a Visa, I have a UK passport too, I didn't need a yellow certificate,, unless that is fairly new due to the swine flu outbreak?

It's a really nice place though, I enjoyed it, don't think the weather will be that great at this time of year though- its their winter

ReputationRep:
    I went for three months, arriving at the end of last November. When I arrived all I needed was my passport and immigration card, because my visa was electronic. I certainly didn't need a yellow fever certificate - in fact the only country I needed it for during my trip round the world was Bolivia!
    Out of interest, you're going to New Zealand for a day trip? Which city are you landing in - Auckland?

ReputationRep:
    New Zealand for a day trip??! If you're a British citizen you'll get a 6 month visitor's visa on arrival.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s43)
    'People arriving in Australia who are required to possess a yellow fever vaccination certificate ' Is this required for people travelling from the UK?

Link: http://www.health.gov.au/internet/ma...ets-yellow.htm

I going to Sydney for two weeks. From your past experience what can you do you Australia? Thinking of going to New zealand for a day trip, do you do visa?

For someone who has a UK passport and fills in the application for eVisitor (http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/tourist/evisitor/), which is approved is that all that needs to be done entry requirement?

Thank you
    a DAY TRIP? have you any idea of the size and scope of Australia, the flight to NZ isn't just a quick 'day trip' type flight. Hence why people spend for instance 6 months travelling in Australia and 6 months in New Zealand. Would seriously advise against it - once you get there you'd have to leave again to fly back to Oz, with no time to do or see anything. Madness.

ReputationRep:
    Well I can't answer the questions on the certificate or visa as I live here.

What to do well climb the bridge, visit the opera house, musesums, shopping, the zoo, markets, olympic park, beaches, bush walking etc. From Sydney you can take day trips to the snow or down the coast.

New Zealand is about 3.5 hour flight I think so it would be more a 2-3day thing if you wanted a short trip there.

Oh as for the weather yes that is correct it is our winter but will be spring in another month. Just on the news tonight they were saying we were having unseasonable warm terms for winter 18c - 22c so not exactly hot but not won't be cold for you.

Hope you enjoy your stay.

ReputationRep:
    You shouldn't need it unless you've recently visited a country where yellow fever is present i.e. Kenya, Tanzania, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FormerlyHistoryStudent)
    I went for three months, arriving at the end of last November. When I arrived all I needed was my passport and immigration card, because my visa was electronic. I certainly didn't need a yellow fever certificate - in fact the only country I needed it for during my trip round the world was Bolivia!
    Out of interest, you're going to New Zealand for a day trip? Which city are you landing in - Auckland?
    I was thinking on going to New Zealand for a day trip if possible. I am going to Sydney.

Just filling the eVisitor visa online, ok?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s43)
    I was thinking on going to New Zealand for a day trip if possible. I am going to Sydney.

It's not possible. It takes way too long to get there, and it merits more than a day trip anyway.

You won't need a yellow fever certificate in my experience. I've been 4 times and I've never needed it. You could always phone your travel company and ask them, of course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s43)

I meant, which city in New Zealand were you going to go on your day trip to?

I got my visa through STA Travel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s43)
    Thinking of going to New zealand for a day trip
    :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Do you have you apply for eVisitor and ETA program? or would eVisitor visa do?

ReputationRep:
    no but i want to

ReputationRep:
    I went to Australia in 05 and only needed passport and visa

ReputationRep:
    I went in 07 and only needed a passport and VISA as well.

I went to New South Wales, Victoria, and Tasmania....AMAZING!! It is an incredibly beautiful and unique country...the landscape, the wild life, the people. One of the best times of my life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s43)

Don't they do Geography in schools any more. Return trip Sydney to Wellington, New Zealand is 2700 MILES.

ReputationRep:
    How did you guys get visa?

ReputationRep:
    As I said, I went to STA Travel, where I paid the visa fee and they set the ball rolling with the visa company and emailed me the visa form. I filled it in online and sent it to who they said, and a couple of weeks later I got an email back saying I'd been granted it and what all the terms were. It was electronic, but I printed out the email just in case they asked for something more solid at Immigration there (which they didn't.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s43)
    How did you guys get visa?
    I got mine online (sorry can't remember the website) it is electronic but printed out the reply email as proff.

ReputationRep:
    You don't need to worry about the yellow fever vaccination unless you have recently been in a country where yellow fever is present, so if you're travelling from the UK you won't have to worry.
    http://www.immi.gov.au/ you can get a visa on here, as someone else said you can get companies such as STA to help you but it costs £115 directly through the gov website and £145 (I think) from STA.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.