Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone been to Australia? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I WENT TO AUSTRLIA AND I SAW A KANGAROO AND A KOALA.

You only need yellow fever vaccination if you come from a high risk country. E.g. Africa. I had to have a physical exam at the hospital and special visa before I went because I was working in a hospital out there.

ReputationRep:
    Spend longer than a day in NZ, its magnificent!
    :yy:
    ...and I wouldn't have thought you'd need your yellow fever certificate...we never got asked to show ours in NZ (although it is a different country...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d.b.asf)
    http://www.immi.gov.au/ you can get a visa on here, as someone else said you can get companies such as STA to help you but it costs £115 directly through the gov website and £145 (I think) from STA.
    My Working Holiday Visa was £130 through STA. My boyfriend's Tourist Visa was £30 through STA.

ReputationRep:
    No one mentioned eVisitor, its free through the Australian government website.

ReputationRep:
    Pfft, why does everyone go to Sydney? I hate that place, Melbourne ftw!

Also, New Zealand is a really great place, probably better than Australia in terms of being a tourist and such, so you should try and spend a bit of time there. Rotorua and Auckland are both cool places.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone in, or recently returning from, Australia know what the job market is like over there? I assume they are having the same sort of problems as we have here, so has that had much of an impact in the temporary jobs backpackers would normally get?

STA have packages that guarantee you at least 2 job offers during your stay. Would that be worthwhile or is it easy enough to find them yourself?

Thanks.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.