Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Watch and learn. Guy goes to leave for Europe. Girlfriend goes nuts Watch

ReputationRep:
    hahaha, i love the idea that he told her many times, and she didn't listen. Fantastic stuff!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm calling fake too.
    Even though I usually leave my phone off when I'm abroad, I still used to put it on to send a text or two to my then gf.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

Why didn't he send her a postcard?

ReputationRep:
    i find it kind of strange that his phone was off for the ENTIRE trip. something could've happened at home you never know and he just wouldn't have known. also, isn't it normal to send your girlfriend/boyfriend a text every once in a while? faaaaake, or the guy is at fault as well.

ReputationRep:
    he didn't call or txt even once during the whole two weeks. What a loser!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick_000)
    What a dumb broad.
    this.

ReputationRep:
    They're both dumb. If the girl hadn't have slept with another guy I would've said he was cruel for dumping her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bentje)
    i find it kind of strange that his phone was off for the ENTIRE trip. something could've happened at home you never know and he just wouldn't have known. also, isn't it normal to send your girlfriend/boyfriend a text every once in a while? faaaaake, or the guy is at fault as well.
    this.

ReputationRep:
    omg what a stupid girl! all that when he was only gone for 2 weeks!!

ReputationRep:
    I don't see how she's that weird. I mean sure, she sounds a bit OTT - but her boyfriend just dissappeared off the planet in her eyes - why didn't he call her from Europe just once to explain? I'd be pissed off too!

ReputationRep:
    The funniest thing I've seen in a long time.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, this is hilarious!

I've got my doubts about this though. I mean surely these days people would use the internet at least once a fortnight even while backpacking around Europe. It's kind of hard to avoid the internet here. People use Facebook, email a lot daily. Although maybe he wanted to get away from it all for a while and have a proper vacation.

The guy who posted the video is Canadian so I can see why he'd keep his phone off. I'd assume that the costs would be high, and do Canadian phones work in Europe as Americans don't?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    They're both dumb. If the girl hadn't have slept with another guy I would've said he was cruel for dumping her.
    This. Europe have email too. :|

ReputationRep:
    Any idea what the song is in the last 30 seconds or so? Been googling random German words I've picked up but haven't managed to work it out - sounds a little like Die Aertzte or Die Prinzen but can't seem to find it :dunno:

As for the guy - idiot for not bothering to call even once and the girl - moron for taking so long to see his family if she loves him as much as she claimed to in the emails :rolleyes: Both idiots in my eyes!

ReputationRep:
    am i the only 1 who thinks its partly the guys fault too?! (if its real) even if she DID know he was away for 2 weeks, he could at least have sent her a few texts to say hi and show her he misses her! She is his GF?!

ok, just noticed afew people share my thoughts silly boy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Delta Usafa)
    You'd think he'd have sacrificed a few dollars to call her at some point though. Why even bring his cell phone?
    Maybe so he had his phone on him when he got back into the country at the airport etc. and had to call his parents to let him know what time he'd be back, could they pick him up, count him in for dinner...?

Still, this seems irrelevant. 2 weeks is not a ridiculous amount of time to go without calling his girlfriend if you consider he's on a trip backpacking round Europe. If it was 2 weeks back home while at college/work or whatever it would be a different kettle of fish.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I would have thought maybe he'd find an internet cafe and send a quick email, or make a quick call from a pay phone or even send a postcard. I can't work out whether this is true or not but it's funny all the same because some girls ARE like that!

ReputationRep:
    She really should have listened. Lucky escape for him because she's a psycho.

ReputationRep:
    clearly fake but a funny story

ReputationRep:
    faaaaake!! but amused me

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 11, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.