Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Watch and learn. Guy goes to leave for Europe. Girlfriend goes nuts Watch

ReputationRep:
    id react that way if my boyfriend had gone away and not told me.
    but he did tell her so i'm telling myself im more rational than she is..

ReputationRep:
    girls are mental. i'm glad i'm not one. eurghhhhh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meus)
    I can reveal to you that 'Em' is a TSR member and shes online right now
    How do you know?? Or the joke has gone right over my head

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meus)
    I can reveal to you that 'Em' is a TSR member and shes online right now
    Spill the beans

ReputationRep:
    What music is that man? I need to know. Anyone know the music to the video quote me or pm me please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashy)
    I love how loads of girls in this thread are all "omg he's such a bad boyfriend he never got in contact with her omg so his fault :eek:".

Erm, assuming it wasn't fake, he told her he was going away and what's wrong with no communication for 2 little weeks? 14 days? If you can't go 14 days without talking to someone then you're not mature enough to be in a relationship. A little time to yourself can be a wonderful thing and that's clearly what he wanted.

Absolutely not his fault at all (assuming it's real) and the girls in here who say otherwise sound very much like they'd react in a similar way to psycho girl
    Two can play at this game.

Well, you're quite right, I think being in a relationship where you're not even listening enough to know your partner's going away for a couple of weeks is a bit of a bad sign, tbh.
    But if I was going away, I'd still send a quick text or email to let people aroud me know I survived the flight, I'm okay, and that I'm thinking of them.

One of my friends got like a £90 phone bill from texting me and other friends last time he was in Geneva :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antimatter)
    Two can play at this game.

Well, you're quite right, I think being in a relationship where you're not even listening enough to know your partner's going away for a couple of weeks is a bit of a bad sign, tbh.
    But if I was going away, I'd still send a quick text or email to let people aroud me know I survived the flight, I'm okay, and that I'm thinking of them.

One of my friends got like a £90 phone bill from texting me and other friends last time he was in Geneva :hmmm:
    Yes, true, but still, meh. I would send said text, but it certainly doesn't mean that he's an evil person for not doing that. Like I said, maybe he wanted to get away for a while :tongue:

Your friend sounds like a bit of an idiot :yep:

ReputationRep:
    They were in a relationship; fully understandable that the annoying girl freaks out if she hasn't heard from her bf and not been given an explanation of why he's disappeared.

Love just brings out the worst in people :no:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashy)
    Yes, true, but still, meh. I would send said text, but it certainly doesn't mean that he's an evil person for not doing that. Like I said, maybe he wanted to get away for a while :tongue:

Your friend sounds like a bit of an idiot :yep:
    He is a bit of a knob, oh well, pretty sure he was just trying to keep in contact with the girl he had a massive crush on [/blatant lies]

I've had £200ish bills from holidays before :dontknow:
    I think if the relationship wasn't screwed already, the holiday would have been the nail on the head, regardless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cultivated)
    They were in a relationship; fully understandable that the annoying girl freaks out if she hasn't heard from her bf and not been given an explanation of why he's disappeared.

Love just brings out the worst in people :no:
    But he gave her an explaination of where he was going before he left. He doesn't need to constantly call her throughout his backpacking trip. Of which who knows where he was most of the time, he may not have had much signal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antimatter)
    He is a bit of a knob, oh well, pretty sure he was just trying to keep in contact with the girl he had a massive crush on [/blatant lies]

I've had £200ish bills from holidays before :dontknow:
    I think if the relationship wasn't screwed already, the holiday would have been the nail on the head, regardless.
    Well, I'd say that knob is a tad harsh on this guy :tongue:

You don't know how many other random girls he was texting :ninja: [/lies]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Welsh_insomniac)
    But he gave her an explaination of where he was going before he left. He doesn't need to constantly call her throughout his backpacking trip. Of which who knows where he was most of the time, he may not have had much signal.
    I thought she never received the call before he left and he disappeared out of nowhere? :eyebrow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hana_87)
    I don't see how she's that weird. I mean sure, she sounds a bit OTT - but her boyfriend just dissappeared off the planet in her eyes - why didn't he call her from Europe just once to explain? I'd be pissed off too!
    But he told her where he had gone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashy)
    Well, I'd say that knob is a tad harsh on this guy :tongue:

You don't know how many other random girls he was texting :ninja: [/lies]
    I'll just go ask him. And I never said that girl was me :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    Pleeeease.

If I was backpacking around Europe, the last thing on my mind would be, "crap, gotta find an internet cafe so I can check my emails!"
    You go backpacking to escape technology and the routine of every day life. If he wanted to be in contact with his girlfriend throughout, he would have taken her with him! Anyone who thinks the guy is even slightly at fault is just another wacky bunny boiler.

ReputationRep:
    Wow that was very entertaining. I do think the girl over reacted BUT if my bf disappeared for 2 weeks (obviously she some how didn't catch that he had left) then I would probably send a nasty message. Maybe.

ReputationRep:
    crazy ass chick!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beccy.)
    id react that way if my boyfriend had gone away and not told me.
    but he did tell her so i'm telling myself im more rational than she is..
    Even if your significant other didn't tell you...you'd dump him, cheat on him and sent abusive messages just because you couldn't contact/speak with him for 14 days :eyeball: :p:

ReputationRep:
    Hahahahahaha

ReputationRep:
    love it. what a retard girlfriend.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 11, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.