Messed up my AS-Maths of CIE, need help Watch

struck
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I prepared in 5 months for 2 A-level and one AS-level subject (part-time with a job), i.e. economics (A-level), business (A-level), mathematics (P1 and S1, AS-level) ..

The results for maths have been pretty disappointing as I didn't practice past papers . While Business is A-grade, Economics is C-grade, Mathematics is E-grade.

I was wondering what grades will I need to score in P3 and S2 to get at least an overall C?

P.S. this is CIE I am talking about.
struck
Ok.. Can anybody tell me how CIE calculates the cumulative grade? Is it based on individual module percentile (with mode average of grades), the overall percentile, the individual module percentage, or the overall percentage?
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Units comprise the following % of the overall grade
P1 = 30%
P3 = 30%
S1 = 20%
S2 = 20%
struck
Thanks gdunne42. But I already know that. What I don't really know is how much effect is it gonna have, in the following scenario:

Let's say I write P3 and S2, but I score 10 marks out of 75 in P3 but full marks in S2. That would be considered a U grade because of scoring only 10 marks in P3 I assume. But going by the percentage analogy, that would still be an overall pass given that the combined percentage is greater than a given threshold.

:confused:
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Cambridge are different from all of the other UK A level awarding bodies and their web site is rubbish for providing useful information.
I'd use their contact form and ask them:
http://www.cie.org.uk/contactus
matt2k8
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Can't you resit AS modules while doing A2 ones or is it different on CIE?
sugarhoneyb
Report 9 years ago
i messed up too........i studied so hard.....and i did EVERY question paper year...from 2002-2008!!! i still got a C....i missed D !!! my business studies was horrible i got an A!!! and accounting.....i got a B....i am sooo disaapointed............i dnt feel like doing maths anymore... so i took economics as a new subject......my o levels was soo great....dnt knw wats gna happen in A2...:confused: .....wish me luk..........
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 7 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (59)
30.1%
No - I got the required grades (114)
58.16%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (23)
11.73%

Watched Threads