Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Okay how do I go about making new friends? watch

*wasn't expecting miracles, that should read

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Thanks for your responses. I'll try and reply to them all.

I live in Croydon and my birthday is on the 22nd... I'm going to be 20 which does amplify how I'm feeling because it's like I've reached the end of my teens and I have nothing to show for it. I was expecting miracles, but if I look back and think about it I never thought I'd be alone like this.

To be honest I have never considered volunteering but I will definitely look into it. I'm not looking to make best friends overnight at all, I just want to know how I can go about finding the opportunities to make friends. But like you've said, volunteering is certainly one option.

I used to be apart of a church when I was younger, and a youth group there and I must admit it was a lot of fun but they don't really cater for young adults. And as I'm not particularly religious anymore I guess that's not the place where I'm going to make friends now.

Ermm. I think I'm going to just have a long sleep and stop thinking about this for now, because the more I think about it the worse I feel and I'm pretty sure I'm getting indulgent which is why I never really tell anybody how I'm feeling.

I will be randomly repping a few of you during the week for e-lending me your ears

I live near there! PM me and I will recommend some things to do.

I would reply here, but just find the idea of listing the places I hang out when I'm bored on a forum very creepy so that's why I haven't just posted them here.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 11, 2009
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.